Jello effect quick fix tip

Reaction score
I have had my P3P for just over a year now. I've logged over 250 flights. Over the last few months, I noticed that my video has been exhibiting a fair amount of "jello" effect on playback. It is particularly bad when shooting in bright light. (Currently, I am not using any filters.)

Anyway, now that Spring has arrived, I decided to replace my props, damper balls, and the two damper pins all with genuine DJI parts.

When I compared the new damper balls to the old ones that have been on my drone for the last year, the new ones are definitely more fluid and pliable. The old ones seem more stiff.

I just flew my drone (bright, sunny day with a decent wind coming from the south) since I made these changes. I played the video back, and there was minimal to no jello effect.

This was a frustrating problem to me, so I thought I would post this for those that are experiencing the same thing.

-gumby

Thanks Gumby. I've seen P3P videos and always wondered where this was coming from. The first fix was to slow the shutter speed with an ND filter but this adds to the mix as a good swap out part in case it starts happening.

I never had any issues with jello on the P3P but if I ever do, the first place I'll start looking for a fix will be the dampeners and props. For now, it's silky.

Thanks Gumby, that's a valuable tip and makes perfect sense, rubber stiffens over time. Might be worth it to keep a set on hand all the time and make it a periodic maintenance routine to replace them after x hours of flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl