I've got some stupid questions

Reaction score
And seeing as the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. Here goes.
1/ I'm a absolute noobie to RC. I've got a phantom 2 vision plus would like to set it up to fly FPV. Yes I understand that I can set it
Up using the supplied camera but I see a potential problem with that.
2/ Think of this scenario. You are filming a car driving along a road and the phantom is flying off to one side. With the camera
Pointed at the car I can't see what's in front of the phantom so fly into the tree that's in the way.
3/ So it seems to me I need a second camera that is pointed in the direction that I'm flying and set up to be used as FPV.
4/ I tried to explain this to customer service ( dji in LA) but they could not understand what I was trying to say. So PERHAPS it's
my lack of understanding of FPV.
5/ So if my premise is correct what camera, where to I place it, power it and transmit the picture back to me . And slightly
Important what's the cost ( ballpark)

It's common enough on larger aircraft to have a dedicated FPV camera for the reasons that you mention, but it really only makes sense if the main camera has 360˚ pan. If not, then the direction of the shot dictates the orientation of the quad, and so it may not be flying in a forward direction and the FPV camera is still looking in the wrong place. Unless the FPV camera has 360˚ pan, which isn't happening on a Phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan