ItElite Modification Honest review --> OK range improvements

The shop where i bought it and offered a free replacement installed by themselfs(they modded 100+ themselfs also claiming no complaints) so i will wait that out and report when i can test the set modded by them. Although im pretty sure i made no mistake installing it there is ofcource this 0,1% chance some messy cables are the problem.
I will perform the same tests when i get back the radio.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
The shop where i bought it and offered a free replacement installed by themselfs(they modded 100+ themselfs also claiming no complaints) so i will wait that out and report when i can test the set modded by them. Although im pretty sure i made no mistake installing it there is ofcource this 0,1% chance some messy cables are the problem.
I will perform the same tests when i get back the radio.
What shop? Copter.eu?

La camera de mon phantom 3 est toujours en surexposition l ecran affiche ( disabled exposure) et la carte google ne s affiche pas

Without amplifiers, you'd have a hard time penetrating buildings / trees with any antenna setup out there. However, the results are very real for those seeing an increase in distance. I wouldn't sell something I don't have confidence in or that I haven't tested myself, not the way I choose to run a business. If you want to PM me your order details, I'll try contacting my source at ItElite. Let me know bud!

A little OT for the OP, but I have to say that your DJI-EVO KIT is simply badass! I already have the ITElite 02 mod, when I get a chance I will be buying the EVO kit from you.

A little OT for the OP, but I have to say that your DJI-EVO KIT is simply badass! I already have the ITElite 02 mod, when I get a chance I will be buying the EVO kit from you.
What's an EVO kit?

I very much doubt that.
In any way my videos will serve as proof for now that its best to evade this modification and get a p4 remote instead of a p3 remote for max range.
Which model of the P3 remote are you comparing the P4 to? The original GL300A and GL300B are both 25% more powerful than the P4 remote, based upon the FCC ID#'s for power output. You modified the wrong transmitter! :rolleyes:

pretty obvious how you guys are bashing my proven results, are not wanting to be shown how it was a bad investment.
All you have shown is that it was a bad investment for you, and you did the installation, so whose fault are the bad results? :rolleyes: I got 5.8 miles of range control on my P4 last night to 51% remaining battery on my DBS-02 mod with boosters attached on a GL300A controller. Without the boosters on the same transmitter mod, I got 12,500 feet. With just a windsurfer and the stock P4 crappy transmitter, I got 6,700 feet. Without the windsurfer, I get 2,500 feet! Those are my results! :D

Last edited:
Which model of the P3 remote are you comparing the P4 to? The original GL300A and GL300B are both 25% more powerful than the P4 remote, based upon the FCC ID#'s for power output. You modified the wrong transmitter! :rolleyes:
That might be very true. Is there a way to check my version of the p3 remote?

GadgetGuy is right about the GL300A. Best one there is.
Still, I modded the stock P4 controller (GL300C) and got 4 miles no problem with clear view, before returning for battery reasons.

wait i read your post again but you say both are 25% more in power? then it doesn't matter wich one i modded?

There are three versions, the GL300A, GL300B and GL300C. The first two (A and B) have 25% more power than the GL300C which is the one you have right?

i have the B version, just checked.
P4 does not come with a B version remote.

Btw, there is nothing wrong with the C remote that does come with the P4. A modded C remote should work just fine as well assuming it was done correctly.

Where did you get your remote? Perhaps you should use the one that came with your P4 to test.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

P4 does not come with a B version remote.

Btw, there is nothing wrong with the C remote that does come with the P4. A modded C remote should work just fine as well assuming it was done correctly.

Where did you get your remote? Perhaps you should use the one that came with your P4 to test.

I have the B version p3 radio. P4 radio i
that i modded not sure, didnt check.

I very much doubt that.
In any way my videos will serve as proof for now that its best to evade this modification and get a p4 remote instead of a p3 remote for max range.
Ok, I have a modded P3 remote that I've used solely since I bought the P4. I have a brand new never even used P4 remote (I did charge it and turn it on with RTH activated (so it doesn't shut off) to cycle the battery, and NOT leave it charged up. I did this so maybe the guy buying it off me if I sell it has a good start and good battery cycling.

So, I'll will charge it, doing it right now, and I'll see how far it goes vs my Itlite mod, tomorrow supposed to be awesome for flying here, <3knot winds all day. I'll do it thru the trees, and over the lake. Give me a couple days and I'll post.
You may remember (doubt it though) I stated I wasn't enamored with the setup either, but I am satisfied. I have been about a mile away with full signal on my P4, and that's really plenty for me in my area, I would like to add amps, I feel like I should be able to get 1/2 what DJI promises at least, and not worry about signal loss.
I had my first signal loss the other day at 2500 feet, but it was through trees and other obstacles, so it didn't bother me, the other thing is the bird did what it was supposed to, and within 20-30 seconds the signal came back, went to turn around and reduce distance, but it looked funny, I realized the bird was already well on its way back. (Prolly 100m closer when it regained signal.

Ok, I have a modded P3 remote that I've used solely since I bought the P4. I have a brand new never even used P4 remote (I did charge it and turn it on with RTH activated (so it doesn't shut off) to cycle the battery, and NOT leave it charged up. I did this so maybe the guy buying it off me if I sell it has a good start and good battery cycling.

So, I'll will charge it, doing it right now, and I'll see how far it goes vs my Itlite mod, tomorrow supposed to be awesome for flying here, <3knot winds all day. I'll do it thru the trees, and over the lake. Give me a couple days and I'll post.
You may remember (doubt it though) I stated I wasn't enamored with the setup either, but I am satisfied. I have been about a mile away with full signal on my P4, and that's really plenty for me in my area, I would like to add amps, I feel like I should be able to get 1/2 what DJI promises at least, and not worry about signal loss.
I had my first signal loss the other day at 2500 feet, but it was through trees and other obstacles, so it didn't bother me, the other thing is the bird did what it was supposed to, and within 20-30 seconds the signal came back, went to turn around and reduce distance, but it looked funny, I realized the bird was already well on its way back. (Prolly 100m closer when it regained signal.

Thanks! The more people who can directly compare the better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl