ItElite MaxxRange Panel Antenna Installed

Reaction score
It was pretty easy. This was the best tutorial:

The only snag was that whoever put the back cover on at the factory over tightened the screws and broke off the posts. For now I've used clear tape to hold it together. Hopefully tomorrow I can take it for a spin and judge the results.
Man, I didn't realize how big the panel was- no putting it in the case!

Reactions: 2-yota
Just finished installing mine last night. Did you do the clean install? It was nerve wracking for me, but when it was done all seemed to work out fine. Was able to get everything apart well enough that if I need to I can reinstall the original antennas without a problem.

Now I have to get the courage up to actually do a long range flight. Purchased the Trackimo as extra insurance if bird goes down.

I have a friend that lives on the opposite side of the valley we live in, 5 miles away. I want to go buzz him. I'm up on the side of a mountain and have clear sight all the way across to the other side.

Banderboy, please post how your flights work out.

Yeah did the clean install. Trashed my original antennas, but oh well. AFA the valley, you shouldn't have anything to worry about because in a worse case scenario, if the bird loses signal it'll RTH. Let us know how it works out for you, and I'll do the same.

So... the cables from the transmitter to the panel are supposed to cross over?

You will hit the low battery warning about 3 miles out. If you go much further you may not make it back. I have some small $8 flat panels on mine, I can go out around 3.5 miles with almost zero signal loss. But the battery is the limiting factor getting back. Also, make sure you do not have a headwind coming back, or else the quad will use a lot of power fighting the wind and you will never get back at that distance (3 miles).

Just finished installing mine last night. Did you do the clean install? It was nerve wracking for me, but when it was done all seemed to work out fine. Was able to get everything apart well enough that if I need to I can reinstall the original antennas without a problem.

Now I have to get the courage up to actually do a long range flight. Purchased the Trackimo as extra insurance if bird goes down.

I have a friend that lives on the opposite side of the valley we live in, 5 miles away. I want to go buzz him. I'm up on the side of a mountain and have clear sight all the way across to the other side.

Banderboy, please post how your flights work out.

Banderboy,
Cable cross over does not matter. They cross them over as it seems that the cables fit better, but it is not necessary. So far I've only gotten out to about 13,500 ft. I think it is because the valley is surrounded with cell towers on the higher mountains. I am going to do the 32 channel mod and see if that helps. How are your flights going?

I installed my maxx range antenna a few weeks ago, I left my original antennas on the P3P remote, just in case I want to
revert back...panel big alright!. Ive had one 5 mile flight so far... have fun. SAM_0473.JPG SAM_0474.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl