ItElite MaxxRange Panel Antenna question

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy an ItElite MaxxRange Panel Antenna and install it myself this winter. On their page, one of the options is a pair of 5dBi Antennas. If you got the panel, why would you want these? Where would they even attach if you got the clean install kit, which goes through the stock antenna holes? As always, I'm sure I'm missing something. Thanks!

Because sometimes the big antenna is not needed, I have the maxxrange (bigger version) and also have the 5dbi antennas, if I'm just diddying around not planning on going more then a few thousand feet, I put those smaller/lighter antennas on.

oh and no need to wait till winter, do it right away!! takes less then an hour

The little antennas are nice. They have somewhat less range than the stock antennas but not by an enormous margin. They are more omnidirectional. They are the standard 2.4 GHz antennas that you can get from anywhere.

You can even remove the stock antennas and graft on an r-sma connector and use that. I wouldn't recommend it - it's a semi major PITA which I did solely to have a stock antenna to compare with. But it can be done.

Update: I ordered my antenna and it should be here in a couple of days. I'll report on the installation, remembering to delete all the cuss words.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj