Itelite dbs wire question

Reaction score
Hey all need some help. I recently purchased the itelite dbs kit for the phantom standard. I was under the impression one the the wires is supposed to be longer than the other two. And all three of my wires are the exact same size. I have not opened my remote yet but want to know is there a difference in the three wires ? In other words if the wires reach do I necessarily need to have one longer than the other? Or is the longer wire a different gauge ? Pls help not sure what to do

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's been awhile but seems one was a little longer but really didn't need to be where I put mine
1.JPG

Reactions: J Dot
Ok so all 3 wires are the same gauge.? As long as I put them where they belong and they reach I should be fine? Sorry for all the dumb questions. I am really great full for your help.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes they are the same gauge and not dumb questions .There's several video's on doing the install on YT and if you have any issues just ask . There's many smart people here that have already done this . Just take your time and you will do fine .
When you do decide where you are gonna drill holes start with a smaller bit and walk it up so they stay in a nice line and don't drill through
nothing on the other side . Here's dbs how to and his wires are different lengths
on one but there's slack there and he put them in a different place than me .Do it like you like .

I also found is handy after I took the connecters loose to remove the 2.4 antenna panels out as I had more room .

Thank you very much Dirkclod. You are the man!!

Reactions: dirkclod
I put a dbs mod on my standard controller about a month ago, and in the kit I got all three wires were the same length and gauge and I had no problems with any of the wires not being long enough. I left the two panels in my controller, just in case I wanted to switch it back to stock. The hardest thing for me was getting the silicone off the three connections, that's a pain in the butt.

Last edited:
Any restrictions on charging the remote after itelite dbs is installed?

Should outer wires be connected or disconnected or does not matter?

Ok cool. @dirkclod I would like to thank you for all of the help with the mod, your information was very helpful, and always on point. Can't thank you enough!!!!

@dirkclod do you have a link for the flex blue cables by any chance ?

I put a dbs mod on my standard controller about a month ago, and in the kit I got all three wires were the same length and gauge and I had no problems with any of the wires not being long enough. I left the two panels in my controller, just in case I wanted to switch it back to stock. The hardest thing for me was getting the silicone off the three connections, that's a pain in the butt.
I agree a pain for sure. Thanks for the info

P3S - I have my DBS mod and will be installing it soon. I do have a question regarding the ports on the antenna and wiring positions. What ports are what? Is the RC connection for port 1 and Video for 2 and 3. Any input appreciated.

P3S - I have my DBS mod and will be installing it soon. I do have a question regarding the ports on the antenna and wiring positions. What ports are what? Is the RC connection for port 1 and Video for 2 and 3. Any input appreciated.
When you open the TX, take a detailed pic of it inside to look back on but when you open it up it will make sense. The Panel is also marked. It is a pretty straight forward install. Just go slow and be extremely careful when you remove the white crap holding the cables on the board. Use a small amount of hot melt glue before you close it up... not over the brass connector but on the wires in case you ever want to get them off again. Press straight down when putting the new cables on so they snap on securely. Good luck and report back with your success. :)

Thanks for the confirmation.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
If you haven't already I would get the inspire holder and do it while I was in it .
Way better than that stock phone holder .

If you haven't already I would get the inspire holder and do it while I was in it .
Way better than that stock phone holder .
That's the first mod I did. Love it and rock solid. I'm switching from ARGtec to the DBS hoping for a better antenna system foe my P3S. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart