ITELITE DBS QUESTION..

this mounting putty on the power switch.

75eabb5204ef1519e0714da7d684cb66.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Didn't read the OP, did you?

I'm in the same boat as the OP, which is that the RC doesn't fit in the case with the dbs mounted, and there's no room even if I try to cut the foam. I don't want to spend more money to replace a relatively new case.

I've been looking for just this solution, so a big, big thank you to GadgetGuy and Matts175 for being so helpful!
Yep I guess I was thinking more in the terms of damaging the RC without a connected antenna. Even with some hard cases it isn't always easy to modify to fit all your gear. When I purchased my P4 I got a case at the same time because I take it with me on vacations and for me it was like getting a new guitar without a case, I knew I would lose or damage and forget to bring components if they where not all together. For me, not having to remove the DBS and keeping all my gears together was worth the added expense, I got the Nanuk 945, easy to modify and too big to carry on and that's OK for my use. Looking at the big picture the case is only 10% of the cost of flying my quad.
20160923_203855.jpg

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Yep I guess I was thinking more in the terms of damaging the RC without a connected antenna. Even with some hard cases it isn't always easy to modify to fit all your gear. When I purchased my P4 I got a case at the same time because I take it with me on vacations and for me it was like getting a new guitar without a case, I knew I would lose or damage and forget to bring components if they where not all together. For me, not having to remove the DBS and keeping all my gears together was worth the added expense, I got the Nanuk 945, easy to modify and too big to carry on and that's OK for my use. Looking at the big picture the case is only 10% of the cost of flying my quad.
View attachment 75619

Great info, thanks. Can the props be left on in the Nanuk 945?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes you can, bellow the tablet and the quad battery compartment you can barely see but there is a pair of foam pieces you can raise to lock the props in horizontal position.

Great, thanks. I use an old backpack type drone case dedicated now for my Itelite DBS r/c that allows me to leave it all connected. Not too thrilled with taking it apart time after time, so that was my plan 'b' .

May just have to add the Nanuk case to my wish list. Thanks for the info. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I initially used a separate small camera bag for the RC with the DBS-02 attached, along with attached boosters and battery. I used a DJI hardshell backpack for the Phantom only. Quicker deployment that way, as with the DBS-02 boosters and booster battery, it's a royal pain to remove everything from the RC just for transport. I've since found the $119 Think Tank Airport Helipack that holds everything together in one bag, and fits all Phantoms.
Think Tank Photo Airport Helipak Backpack for Quadcopter 484 B&H

Ohhh. NO!! These are wrong and would actually cause damage if you tried to install.
Or, like me, waste $11 ordering them. Attempted to cancel the order, but it was too late.

Thanks for the heads-up, Matt.

Or, like me, waste $11 ordering them. Attempted to cancel the order, but it was too late.

Well. At least Amazon has a good return policy. Much better than being ignored by a non English speaking Ebay seller. LOL

Reactions: Mr. Salty

I've made the same mistake myself, so measure twice, cut once. It helps to read the whole thread before ordering. In Post #4, I gave the correct RP-SMA specs from my order, which are inconsistent with the link to an SMA component. Cheap lesson. Could have been a $100 part, instead of $11.;)
"RP.SMA-J1W_2B213D(Dummy Load RP.SMA 1W watt male jack RF coaxial Termination loads DC-2.5Ghz 50 Ohm)" :cool:

Last edited:
It helps to read the whole thread before ordering.

I did read the whole thread before ordering, thanks. But RP.SMA-J1W_2B213D 50 Ohm and an Amazon listing for SMA 50 Ohm would be difficult to tell apart for someone without a ham license.

I did read the whole thread before ordering, thanks. But RP.SMA-J1W_2B213D 50 Ohm and an Amazon listing for SMA 50 Ohm would be difficult to tell apart for someone without a ham license.
I don't have a ham license. I learned this from scratch just like you. RP.SMA or RP-SMA is different than SMA. I learned it the hard way, too! Ordered the wrong connector for a $100 magnetic antenna set to mount outside the car, and plug into the modded transmitter. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't screw on properly, until I realized both ends had a wire lead in the middle! Make sure you also understand the difference between a Plug and a Jack! I feel your pain, but you learned it cheaper than I did! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT