ITELITE DBS QUESTION..

Reaction score
So ordered myself DBS antenna, and noticed in a few videos that there's a warning sticker saying do not turn on controller without antenna connected or irreversible damage can occur.

wow didn't know that before I ordered it now im gonna be scared..

Sometimes when I put my controller in my bag the Styrofoam knocks the on slider to power the remote to on, and obviously when im done flying I will want to remove the antenna from the remote to pack it away..

Any input or advice really welcome..

Darren

Buy some appropriate terminators to screw on the connectors for transport. They will provide the same resistance as a connected antenna, but take up no space.

Buy some appropriate terminators to screw on the connectors for transport. They will provide the same resistance as a connected antenna, but take up no space.

Could you elaborate a little more for me buddy?

Im guessing that will allow the remote to be turned on and no damage?

Yes, exactly. I bought a set of two on eBay for less than $10. I forget the exact name for them other than terminators, but that is exactly their purpose. I may still have the plastic bag they came in. Found it: RP.SMA-J1W_2B213D (Dummy Load RP.SMA 1W watt male jack RF coaxial Termination loads DC-2.5Ghz 50 Ohm)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dazzauk
You can also use simple router wifi antennas.

is the warning refer to the 2.4 GHz Connection or to the 5.8Ghz?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Probably both. If you switch on the remote with no antenna connected the remotes I ternals cannot see the 50ohm resistance which should be there and something goes bang.

I'm now hoping I can fit the remote fully connected into my bag by just cutting away some styrofoam.

Any RF transmitter without a proper load will suffer damage regardless of the frequency. It's this kind of information that highlights the benefits of getting your HAM licence if you are involved in RC/FPV.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
So ordered myself DBS antenna, and noticed in a few videos that there's a warning sticker saying do not turn on controller without antenna connected or irreversible damage can occur.

wow didn't know that before I ordered it now im gonna be scared..

Sometimes when I put my controller in my bag the Styrofoam knocks the on slider to power the remote to on, and obviously when im done flying I will want to remove the antenna from the remote to pack it away..

Any input or advice really welcome..

Darren
20170206_213526.jpg

Now that's a great idea. Spacing the camera down away from the props! The props won't show in the footage, Brilliant.

Just leave the DBS antenna on your RC
Didn't read the OP, did you?

I'm in the same boat as the OP, which is that the RC doesn't fit in the case with the dbs mounted, and there's no room even if I try to cut the foam. I don't want to spend more money to replace a relatively new case.

I've been looking for just this solution, so a big, big thank you to GadgetGuy and Matts175 for being so helpful!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj