It just flew away! - <correction> it didn't fly away at all.

Odd that DJI has no geofencing data for this airport. There are some state parks in the area that are clearly defined on the map, but nothing around the airport.

Odd that DJI has no geofencing data for this airport. There are some state parks in the area that are clearly defined on the map, but nothing around the airport.

According to the DJI geo-map there is a restricted zone around the airport, then an authorization zone, and then a much larger warning zone. The marina location is in the warning zone.

According to the DJI geo-map there is a restricted zone around the airport, then an authorization zone, and then a much larger warning zone. The marina location is in the warning zone.

Weird, I'm looking at the no fly section of the go app and it shows nothing at all.

Is there another map I don't know about? Link pls

Is there another map I don't know about? Link pls

Good spot on the traffic pattern - I was looking at 14.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

screenshot9.png

According to the sectional chart the marina is just inside the dotted blue line of the class D airport.

Actually Treasure Coast Airport (within the dotted blue line is Class B Airspace from Ground Level to 2,500" AGL a no,no to fly in at any time)

You may find this useful when it comes to determining airport classifications, it's what all manned aircraft use.

SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts

Actually Treasure Coast Airport (within the dotted blue line is Class B Airspace from Ground Level to 2,500" AGL a no,no to fly in at any time)

Hey! I like it. Maybe there should be an official FAA abbreviation for "no, no to fly." NNTF might be easier for "experienced pilots" to understand. That and of course RTFM! :)

You may find this useful when it comes to determining airport classifications, it's what all manned aircraft use.

SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts

I don't see it. Florida has 3 class B airports, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami. Treasure coast isn't even inside the mode C veil of any of these. Is there something I'm not taking into consideration?

I don't see it. Florida has 3 class B airports, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami. Treasure coast isn't even inside the mode C veil of any of these. Is there something I'm not taking into consideration?
Probably a typo or something, maybe confusing solid blue with dashed blue. Definitely not class B.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart