Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

It arrived - now flown

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Stufft, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Stufft

Received the P2V this afternoon, fitted the prop guards, updated to the latest firmware (2.0) and set it to Naza-M mode. Charged the batteries and took it outside to the back garden. I live in a flat so there was some obstruction to GPS from the east, most I coul get was 5 satelites therfore no GPS lock. The wind was blowing around 15-20 mph and I took off.

It flies great, altitude remained fairly constant with the wind gusting but it did want to drift downwind. Previous experience flying nitro helicopters meant I wasn't too phased with the conditions, I even managed to land it without any tipping over.

I can't wait until I have decent weather and a nice open space to try it properly.
    http://youtu.be/Q4zPESZZDKw

2. Seahorse

I still don't think there is any more exciting flight than your first, welcome. :D

3. Stufft

Thanks seahorse, it wasn't my first choice of location or weather conditions to be flying it for the first time but I did ok. Looking forward to getting GPS lock ad playing with IOC, home lock & course lock

4. NEILS

It's a long time since I flew a heli, I bet you got a shock how easy it was to fly :lol:

Congrats on your first flight, it only gets better ;)