Issues with connection

Reaction score
So I have read quite a few threads on this. I have yet to find one that matches my problems exactly, and none that offer a solution that has worked.

In the spring, I crashed my drone for the second time. It needed the body replaced and the gimbal mount plate replaced. Last weekend I finally found the time to repair it.

After the repair, I took it outside and it flew great. Everything was normal. After a quick test flight, I noticed everything needed some updates. The remote was showing 2 updates through the app. I hit update and let it do its thing. One of the updates will not complete. I also updated the phantom the the SD card. The next day I attempted to fly it, All I had was the grey disconnected screen on the phone. Since then in tinkering with it, I get a couple seconds of choppy/distorted video, I lose that to weak image transmission signal and then the red disconnected screen. It cycles through all of those quickly. Eventually I get back to the grey disconnected screen.

The LED on the remote is a constant red/green flash with no regular pattern or speed. Sometimes its mostly green and sometimes mostly red.

The drone seems to be able to fly just fine and take pictures, but nothing related to the phone is working. This is an iPhone 6s plus.

I did try a hard reset on the remote following this thread,actual-steps-to-hard-reset-gl300c-controller.122092 I get the blue light, but then nothing else seems to happen? When I restart the remote its the same story over again.

Any ideas?

Edit, I did try it with the SD card out. My 8 and 15 modules are normal.

After the repair, I took it outside and it flew great. Everything was normal. After a quick test flight, I noticed everything needed some updates.
Updates are optional. If it was already flying "great" you could have just left it that way. ;)

Any ideas? Edit, I did try it with the SD card out. My 8 and 15 modules are normal.
We can start with the basics. Have you already done the relinking suggested in the release notes for the latest FW?
Check out this post to see if it sheds any light.

Do you know what FW you had on your RC and AC when it was working well before making changes?
Do you know what FW you have now on your RC and AC?

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Updates are optional. If it was already flying "great" you could have just left it that way. ;)

We can start with the basics. Have you already done the relinking suggested in the release notes for the latest FW?
Check out this post to see if it sheds any light.

Do you know what FW you had on your RC and AC when it was working well before making changes?
Do you know what FW you have now on your RC and AC?

Well in hindsight.... I would not have done the update.

Relinking per that video did not help. I still have the same issues.

I do not know what FW was on everything before. Right now I have.

App 3.1.18
Aircraft 1.11.20
Remote controller 1.6.0

Thank you for your help.

Well, I got it working again. Somehow on what felt like the 50th try, I was able to reset the RC with success. Rebound to the aircraft and it seems to be good to go. RC still on 1.6, not gonna consider updating anything every again. I found the thread below helpful.

rc-firmware-update-1-6-0-to-1-8-0-failed.93166

EDIT, also replaced my iPhone 6s with a 7. May or may not have had anything to do with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12