Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Issue Connecting to WIFI with Android

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by ShawnSmith, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ShawnSmith

I have had no problems connecting my Samsung Galaxy S4 to the Phantom Vision's WIFI until today. Yesterday, I updated all firmware including the RC. I had one flight after the updates and had no issues connecting/using the WIFI with my S4. I took the PV out today and could not get my phone to connect to the WIFI. It tries to connect, then says "Internet Not Available" and disconnects. I tried cycling power on everything(PV, RC, Booster and Phone) and continued to get the same error. I was able to connect with my iPod Touch and fly just fine, but it was supper laggy. Any ideas?

2. Pull_Up

For Android phones try the following: go to Settings > Wifi > Advanced and uncheck "Avoid poor connections". This will prevent the phone from dropping the phantom's SSID in order to look for a better one because it can't see the internet when connected.

3. ShawnSmith

Thank you! That got me going in the right direction. My particular android version is slightly different. It was Settings > WIFI > Advanced > Auto Network Switch unchecked seems to have done the trick. I can now connect to Phantom Vision wifi. Will test in flight tmrw.

4. Pull_Up

Yes, sorry should have said I have a Nexus 4 running vanilla 4.3 - but we got there in the end!