Isn't today the 21st

mjw

Reaction score
Just went to the FAA site - no active link to the registration site for UAV's - is not the 21st??? Wonder when it will be active?

You might check the first few threads in any given forum to be sure there isn't a thread already made on your topic...

Reactions: dirkclod
I just successfully registered - here is the link sUAS Registration - this is such a joke, now the government can say it has done all it can to control these rogue drones - wonder when the government will make folks buying lasers register them as well - how about the folks that bought the laser device that light up the front of a house in multicolored stars - if not properly pointed those lasers can interfere w/ aircraft as well (at least per a news cast i saw) - this whole thing is a result of the media just sensationalizing the issue and not actually doing what's called journalism and really investigating the story......oh, well, the world is a safer place because of this action (BAH!!)

Wow, never occurred to me the site might be bogus -
I just used that link. I was able to register. I hope it was a legit site. It sent me email etc to finish registration.
Why did you have to say that! It never occurred to me the site could be bogus - looked real to me -

Wow, never occurred to me the site might be bogus -

Why did you have to say that! It never occurred to me the site could be bogus - looked real to me -
Someone said earlier that some site some may end up at will charge you $24. Said to make sure the site ends in GOV

Just curious, but where did this URL come from? The FAA site for registration does not have it; and the Security Certificate for the site does show an "error" and isn't matching the site. Not that a government site is secure or anything just because it will hold personal and financial information.

Shared on the "OFFICIAL DJI OWNERS GROUP" Facebook page so it must be legit (sarcasm) But the fact that its a .gov site I tended to believe it was valid, if someone is spoofing .gov addresses we got real problems.

The problem is.................................... there are not enough new threads here asking about the registration site. Once we reach 100 different threads, all asking the same thing, then the FAA site will start working correctly.

/ :rolleyes:

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Just curious, but where did this URL come from? The FAA site for registration does not have it; and the Security Certificate for the site does show an "error" and isn't matching the site. Not that a government site is secure or anything just because it will hold personal and financial information.
I copied the link right off the website header - I got there by clicking on a previous post posted address of sUAS Registration

Thanks "xardoz", that link DOES work...
-
and yes, the site ends with ".gov"
Yes indeed thank you "xardoz". I queried the FAA at 1: 53 PM EST today and got the following back at 7:23 PM EST;
Thank you for your inquiry. Registration is available at https://registermyuas.faa.gov/.

Regards,

Thea Dickerman
FAA UAS Integration Office
www.faa.gov/uas

The site was open for general use when I checked it at 7:59 PM EST today. I don't know when the link on the FAA site went live, but it was several hours after the post by "xardoz". Why DJI had it and the FAA had not made it "public" I have no idea. My tax dollars at work I guess. Anyway, the link is open and works (and has been nearly all day for some). They even fixed the Security Certificates, not that it matters to everyone in today's Internet climate..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl