Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

Not trying to be an a**, but i just noticed that there are some folks commenting on an upgrade for their p4p, not the p4 firmware update. Their issues are most likely unrelated to the issues many are having with the p4 after updating.

Unstable after firmware update. Due to lack of acknowledgment from DJI that a problem existed, I reflashed firmware to previous version and now flight is stable again. Loss of additional intelligent flight modes not ideal but worth it. Wish DJI would fix firmware but don't have much faith in that.

I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?

I do not understand how a serious company such as DJI is constantly releasing a sh.... software. It's hard to believe that there are no skilled software professionals. True, the very first version had the least problems. Now, as a day, so a new problems. Unfortunately, it's a bad day and update :-( Very, very disappointed.

Reactions: John1960
Mine 'seems' okay. It got stuck at 99%, which I'd read about, bit did x and y according to other posts and it completed. I've only flown once but haven't noticed anything strange yet. Then again I need a day without any wind to be sure.

Reactions: lucid55 and Geoff G
I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?
I have a p4p the latest update I did solved the connection and blackout problems I was experiencing. Do as the instructions say and good luck.

Reactions: Geoff G
Update works great. Really like the new intelligent flight modes. Gone thru about 10 batteries and all is good.

Update worked good, AC very responsive, live stream video good at last.
Tripod mode is the max making panorama-video.

I downgraded to v01.02.0602 and my P4 flies as well as before update.
A few people on this thread have said that they've downgraded firmware after experiencing problems. Would one of them be kind enough to explain, for the benefit of dozens, if not hundreds of people with problems, how they did it please!

I upgraded my firmware once when it first came out and had to sign in to account, all went good, updated app and controller and it's been flying perfect ever since, then upgraded my ipad platform from a mini2 to a 9.7 pro and went through installing stuff again , yesterday updated the go4 app to latest version so now I running the latest up to date versions across the board and my P4 flies just as good or better than when I bought it new last July. ...been so happy with this quadcopter and feel lucky I haven't had the headaches I keep reading about over and over about...wish those guys the best of luck and hopefully a fix is coming soon for em

Been through about 15 batteries now, just used RTH for the first time since update and its off about 3 feet or so, previously was within a foot. Not a make or break issue but found it odd.

I updated the firmware (drone, controller and Go App 4). Now it will not fly! Indication say ready to fly and the motors will start but will only idle. Motors will not speed up for lift off when I push the stick, they will only idle. Not sure what to do. It flew with no issues before the update.

Reactions: Paul9554

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka