Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

EXCELLENT UPDATE FROM DJI
I Updated my P4 last weekend and I have to say DJI really fixed a lot of stuff with this update:
1. Before the update, my gimbal used to roll constantly, and I had to manually adjust it multiple times each flight. Since the update the gimbal has been PERFECT. I have flown about 3 hours since the update and have not adjusted the gimbal roll once. Perfect
2. Sport mode control is WAY more stable than before the update. Sport mode is almost as smooth as P mode, turns are smooth and stable. (Before the update turning in sport mode was jerky and difficult)
3. Speed - It seems the P Mode is faster and the Sport mode is slower.
4. Remote controller range seems better, but I need to do more testing to confirm.
5. Idle prop speed much lower, quieter when sitting on the ground before takeoff
6. Auto-landing feature slows down more when landing

Hopefully most P4 owners will get these benefits with the new update.

Last edited:
Reactions: 68charger440
No flight safety problems noted. Basic manual flight is good. New precision landing to match the P4P is very good so far. It is best to use a nice high contrast target like one of the nylon helipads placed away from other such items on the ground, but the downward vision system seems to start to zero in on the target LZ at around 100' and makes corrections the rest of the way down and brakes and lands quite softly.

Updated last week did 2 test flights seemed to fly fine but the android app crashed twice never did it before on countless flights. Using Nvidia k1 it never crashed before this update. P4P was not in sight when it crashed but according to flight record did not move until I rebooted the app my first white knuckle flying experience.
I am a semi novice to RC quads
Updated both bird and controller, already had latest android app

Seems fine but I struggled to find the proper update process for the + controller. Took DJI online support an hour to figure it out as the process is very different from the mobile device controller.

Day #8. Unable to fly because of firmware update. Still nothing from dji. No capability to simply roll back firmware.

I did the Update last 2 weeks ago. The Remote went ok but the Drone only reached 99% !
After waiting about 45 min I decided to disconnect Usb and Rebooted manualy.
At the moment everything seems to be OK.

I have done the upgrade, but RC now won't connect to P4 properly and no video feed.
Tried re-linking RC, reseting camera settings and upgrading the P4 firmware again via DJI Assistant. Nothing is working.
The status LED on the RC is alternating very fast between Red and Green. Like it is constantly connecting/disconnecting
I see everyone is talking about upgrading the RC Firmware as well, but mine only shows Version 1.8 as the latest version which I have been using for months. I am using the latest DJI Go4 on an iPad mini 4. Reinstalled that too but did not help.

The remote needs to take the update. Make sure you shut off aircraft. Restart app and remote make sure you have a good internet connection. You should see a prompt on the app to up the RC.

Reactions: Bravofox
I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?
Did the updates and went for a fly and all worked well.

Well, slap me silly! I tried to upgrade the firmware of the RC by using the "3 bars" button on the first screen with the "5 second long touch" to open the upgrade Screen and there the latest Version is 1.8. I't is only after i press the "Enter Device / Start Flight" screen and then on the warning in "Overall Status" that it showed the download option and downloaded V1.9.2 and now it is connecting. I'll do my test flight tomorrow and report my findings. Oh, also did the upgrade without the SD card as some has suggested here. Will see how it goes. Thanks!

Well, slap me silly! I tried to upgrade the firmware of the RC by using the "3 bars" button on the first screen with the "5 second long touch" to open the upgrade Screen and there the latest Version is 1.8. I't is only after i press the "Enter Device / Start Flight" screen and then on the warning in "Overall Status" that it showed the download option and downloaded V1.9.2 and now it is connecting. I'll do my test flight tomorrow and report my findings. Oh, also did the upgrade without the SD card as some has suggested here. Will see how it goes. Thanks!
Glad you got it connected. Good info, I haven't used the first screen option in a log time. I always take it to the flight screen then tap on status and update from there.

Last edited:
I did the update and lost live video. DJI wanted me to send back to them to get lost in their void of repairs. They did say they would pay for shipping. Found a way to downgrade the firmware to older version and all works well again.

Update was fine with no issues. It did not fix the app crashing in Android. No significant changes for me, I do like the lower idle rpm on the ground before takeoff.
The Go4 App freezes and my Android totally shuts off at least 2 to 3 times each flight.

I am really tired of hearing about firmware up dates. How much problem people have. I own car. P3S and P4 I have updated each and every time I was requested. Both are 2 years and haven't had the first problem as far as firmware.

I am really tired of hearing about firmware up dates. How much problem people have. I own car. P3S and P4 I have updated each and every time I was requested. Both are 2 years and haven't had the first problem as far as firmware.
Well, aren't you special.

It's good to know that DJI now have a solution, but it would be even better if they could keep their customers informed. They must have tested this update, but clearly not with the permutations of hardware software that people are using in the real world.

Perhaps they should get a selection of beta-testers, with specified system set-ups, to report to them before they release major updates. They could also specify system combinations that are tried and tested for people to revert to when they have these problems. They may also develop a "certified harware list", with approved software versions.

Anyway, it's great to know that, for the majority, this one is solved. I'm upgrading today and looking forward to trying all of the improvements. I'm not normaly so cautious but definitely leaning towards "If it aint broke....." with DJI!!

Reactions: Bravofox

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor