Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

C'mon DJI, Admit you got it wrong, Give us an option to roll back! Make the previous version of AC firmware available, this has gone on for days. There has been no response on the DJI forum either.

Agreed! I loved the prior firmware. No issues at all. This joke has been a lot of surprising new issues that never happened before. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

No Issues/Errors During/After Update.

Did some flight test yesterday (3 Batteries). Smooth Flight, No Gimbal Issues, No Mid-Air System Shut Off, etc...

BTW, Only one Firmware/APP BUG. Instead of IMU Warming Up during start up, it shows IMU ERROR - Calibrate IMU. NO Big Deal, after a few secs, Good to Fly.

I got that IMU ERROR - Calibrate IMU on the first flight (and every flight after) the upgrade three days ago. Also getting HIGH WIND warnings (with a 4mph breeze) and this evening, my rear lights were solid red as I came back home. My reading since then indicates that's a CRITICAL WARNING. No certain what's going on with that, but I'm not liking it. No issues at all prior to the upgrade. This kinda sucks.

Once you imu and compass are calibrated only a knock or magnetic interference will change it. Or possible degradation over time.
It seems compass recal is recommended if we significantly change location such as travelling to another country, but impact must be little.

Magnetic Declination

47f9006bfd90949a9cd9ebd424b9d669.jpg

Reactions: Dazzauk
I broke down and did it today, since I really want a non-tilted horizon. The correct order (at least the way I successfully did it) is App, Controller (connected to current app), and then Bird (connected to DJI Assistant 2. I had to relink the controller after everything was upgraded and I also took the new recommendation of formatting the SD card and then removing it before upgrading the bird.
Has anyone else with problems tried this yet?

What's the best order for updates? Bird, controller, app I heard that you have to do in certain order.
If you read the release notes you will get the answer... controller first then the bird...

I have the same problems after updating with the low motorsound when starting up, and then it wobbles and jerks when flying! So i had a call with dji a few minutes back, they know of the problem and are trying to get a new firmware update out, in the mean time they provided a hotfix that works most time, and otherwise we have to wait or send it back if i wanted to, the fix is: REMOVE sd card! Then update refresh thru dji assistant 2, then do the calibrations, and then test it to fly, but STILL WITHOUT the sd card! If it works good, you can put sd card back in and fly like normal.
I did it yesterday but without removing the sd card (didnt know it matters) so i will test i later today and let ya know
UPDATE! IT WORKS!!!
Thanx dji foor the quick fix, it works for me!! Fly like a charm again!
The said works 8 out of 10 times, so if your not lucky, you just have to wait till the fix is coming

Believe it or not. I did everything without SD card. Excellent idea. After trying everything I did exactly what you told us and all of my problems are gone. Shaking no more, lots of wind speed warnings gone and the craft is flying smooth again. Thanks.
It works with me also, glad dji provided this easy way to fix it, so we dont have to wait to fly normal again!! So happy!!

Reactions: umneycreep
I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?
Mine was good!

Works well. Tripod Mode is sweet! Also totally cleared up my Tilted Horizon problem.

Updated my P4 last night. Download froze at 99%. Had to do the new weird IMU calibration. I like the new low speed motors at takeoff. I agree with past comments, the AC sensitivity has gone way up. My short test flight went smooth, but it would drop altitude at a low hover. Also getting the high wind warnings even though it wasn't windy at all.

Updated my P4 last night. Download froze at 99%. Had to do the new weird IMU calibration. I like the new low speed motors at takeoff. I agree with past comments, the AC sensitivity has gone way up. My short test flight went smooth, but it would drop altitude at a low hover. Also getting the high wind warnings even though it wasn't windy at all.

How did you update?

It seems pretty clear to me that, even though this update works well for quite a few people, an awful lot of people are experiencing really bad issues with it!
Even allowing for the fact that pilots are probably much more likely to report problems than good results, the balance still seems to favour the former!

So, why no response from DJI? Has anyone seen a note anywhere saying that they recognise that there is a problem, or asking for patience whilst they investigate the issues? I thought that, nowadays, manufacturers recognised the value of communicating with their customers. Clearly DJI do not. From my short history with DJI products I know that this is not the first time either - various catastrophic Go updates for example. Still, at least you could roll those back. The other point to make, in fairness to them, is that they do seem to get it right in the end.

I also wonder what the legal situation is. Customer buys product (contract) on the basis of manufacturers description. Manufacturer instructs customer to change design of product to new specification. Product no longer does what it is suposed to......

Wake up please DJI, and get you comms. working as well as your firmware! Pun intended.
I'm copying all of these pages of complaints. On other threads DJI has ignored the issue too. I'm going to send the quad back to DJI for repair, something I'm sure could be avoided by providing the previous firmware. When I upgraded it clearly said that if I didn't like it I could use the assistant program to revert. That was a lie. I've already checked on product liability, and yes, DJI does have liability in this if they misrepresented the situation and effectively destroyed your product. When my quad comes back, it it's still trashed, I plan on going after them in court. This is not the first time they've done this to me. I've had it with DJI's lack of customer care. Their support is a bad joke and their word means nothing.

I have been holding off doing update to see how it goes for everyone else. This thread makes it appear much less scary than the problem threads. I had been wondering to myself what the success rate would be for those who followed the instructions for update. Based on this, I think it might be pretty good. Will probably hold off a bit longer just to be safe and my P4 flies perfectly now.

After upgrade had "Chinese" map problem. Factory reset fixed that one. Since have had many successful flights. All functions tested so far work as advertised. No complaints.

I have been holding off doing update to see how it goes for everyone else. This thread makes it appear much less scary than the problem threads. I had been wondering to myself what the success rate would be for those who followed the instructions for update. Based on this, I think it might be pretty good. Will probably hold off a bit longer just to be safe and my P4 flies perfectly now.

From what I've seen and my second try is showing me, do it without your SD card in and you'll be fine.

Reactions: umneycreep
Only had one flight after update and noticed it was more stable while hovering. No problems with old or new versions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing