Is this true regarding using the Lithchi app?

Reaction score
I read someplace but I want to verify this that if you crash your drone and it's considered a warranty issue, if DJI sees that your using a third-party software like Litchi they will void that warranty. Any truth to this at all?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I read someplace but I want to verify this that if you crash your drone and it's considered a warranty issue, if DJI sees that your using a third-party software like Litchi they will void that warranty. Any truth to this at all?
No ..that's just another myth.
If you can show that the problem was caused by DJI hardware or programming issues, DJI will cover it.
They won't deny a claim just because you used a 3rd party app.
So if the Phantom went crazy and you recovered it so they can see from the internal data recording, you are covered.
The potential problem would be a scenario where you use Litchi and can't recover the Phantom.
In that case you can't provide DJI with DJI recorded data to prove the cause of the incident.
If you fly with DJI Go and lose the Phantom, the data on your app might be able to prove the cause of the incident (sometimes but not always).

Reactions: slbynum
Apparently not as Litchi is approved for use with dji sdk. If you file a warranty claim, you will need to provide flight data evidence from the dji go app as Litchi data on its own is not sufficient.

Here is the YouTube video that I was referring to. I'm not sure if the link works but if not just search DJI care warning.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There are many accounts of people having their warranty and/or DJI Care claim denied based on DJI's opinion that a 3rd-party app was involved in the problem. DJI is judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to determining these things so you are taking a chance if the person who is reviewing your case feels that a 3rd party app contributed to the incident... and there is no arbitration or whining or debating after that point, as many have learned their decision is final. I'm not saying this is a universal response, but it definitely can happen. It doesn't stop me from using Litchi, etc., but if you have a crash and intend it to be covered by warranty or DJI Care I wouldn't exactly broadcast the fact that you were using a 3rd party app at the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl