Is This Normal For P4

Reaction score
1. Fpv starts to lose signal @1200ft
2. Video on screen is broken,
Frozen while flying more than
30 mph
3. Radio signal lost at 1500ft

P4 is never out of LOS

Return it and exchange for another craft, if it's not too late. Otherwise you'll need to ship it back after trying this below.

Look at the HD page and make sure the Wifi interference isn't off the chart for the area you are flying. Have you tried flying in different areas? Are you flying next to other Phantom pilots? If so you need a good separation from other controllers to minimize interference.

Set your video channel to a custom channel #20, then reduce your "transmission quality" to 4mbps. This should maximize your range, assuming channel 20 is not super busy with wifi traffic. Also, you can try using Windsurfer on your antennas to enhance range. If you install the 32ch hack in your smart device, fly on channel 30, 31 or 32, those are never busy.

Make sure to keep your antennas parallel to the legs of the craft. With windsurfer, make sure to always point the dish at the craft. The radar screen show you where the craft is if you happen to be beyond VLOS.

Reactions: Fancher9-76
I h have a pH 4 and I can go five 10,000 feet away no problem. It does depend on if you have a lot of interference. Go out into the country and see how it works. If it doesn't work any better I'd return it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm in the country I'm way back on a river. There is a community of homes here. Probably 1000 homes. All the channels in hd there all no good ever, I just use auto cause there is never a constant steady channel.

Did you try flying in a location that is not near a bunch of homes? That would at least rule out interference as the cause.

What your experiencing could be perfectly normal if there is a lot of interference in the flying area. You should try flying elsewhere to confirm before potentially returning a perfectly good unit.

Reactions: Fancher9-76
I just went out after resetting everything and doing a compass and imu calibration and the P4 reached out 2900ft without losing but one bar at los at 400ft. Also video was much better, I dropped the quality down from 4K to 3k I guess it was

Performance can vary greatly by location. What you're describing in your first post above is definitely not common when flying in a location that is free of interference.

Ok, I do have a ton of interference. There is a cell tower, microwave tower, a lot of 150ft Spanish cedars. 2 water towers. There are some old school satellite dishes, knuckle heads doing something with.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl