Is this common?

Reaction score
I've only had my P2V+ for a week and already the toggle switch on the to plight hand side of the remote is broken. When not flying, I keep it in a hard case so I'm not sure how it happened. Is this common? I bought it through B&H, will they take it back?

Dave

On my P2 Non-Vision, the switch failed electrically. Replaced it with a switch from my P1 controller. Need to fix the P! controller yet. I've seen controllers cheap on Ebay.

It's pushed down inside the case...although last flight I was able to get a GPS lock, so I guess it's working. But it feel VERY loose and not right.

It's pushed down inside the case although on my last flight I was able to lock in the GPS so I guess it's still working. But it doesn't look right and I don't feel right flying it.

The controller is very easy to take apart and verify if the switch is loose from the case. Are you missing the lock nut or it maybe a locking ring on the switch? Or does it just need to be tightened?

There is a video of the process to open the case, sorry I don't have it right at the moment. Just make sure to remove the batteries before you try anything. There is a connection that must be taken apart to split the case fully open. Let me look and I'll get back.

Okay here is a simple video showing how to open the case. Remember remove batteries first.

If you have the tilt control lever on the back of your controller, just use a little tape to hold it in place before you open the case. Move it to an extreme position such as inward toward the center of the case and tape it so it doesn't move. It needs to line up when you put the case back together. A small bit of tape will hold it in place.

http://youtu.be/YEYgd1vsgO8

The switch fits in a "pocket" so that it doesn't rotate when in use. It fits in the hole with notches to prevent rotation. On the outside of the case is a locking collar that screws on to the shaft of the switch. If you use a small screw driver, there are two "indents" or slots on opposite sides of the switch collar. If you just put the small screwdriver into one of the slots and rotate you should be able to tighten the collar.

Several things may have happened, but most likely the locking collar is loose. The switch is important for the compass calibration procedure, setting GPS and ATTI modes and also setting Return To Home if you have it so programmed in software.

If under warranty, speak with your vendor before attempting anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl