Is there a way to check battery charge count without a P4?

Reaction score
Hello folks,
so we (our company) bought some DJI kit to record video at CES in Vegas in January.
It was two Osmo+ cameras and six P4 batteries and charge kits (for longer recording times than the standard Osmo+ battery).
The Osmo+ cameras aren't great at filming in low light (and many of the demos at CES are in dimly lit hotel rooms), so we've bought Sony FDR X3000 cameras instead for the trip this coming January.
So I'm about to put up ads for six P4 batteries (and the Osmos and all the accompanying accessories). One battery is unopened in the box. The rest have been charged a small number of times.
Is there a way for me to verify the number of charges the batteries have had without a Phantom 4 drone to connect them to? (I have a Mavic Pro, but I can't imagine that will be any help!)
Many thanks in advance for your help.

I don't think so. But there's an old school trick where you can press and hold the battery button in for a full five seconds, and then let it out. If all four lamps are lit, then the battery has something close to 100% life which would imply a minimal number of cycles. I would imagine this trick would still work on the modern P4 battery.

Good luck.

Is there a way for me to verify the number of charges the batteries have had without a Phantom 4 drone to connect them to?
No.

To be advertised where? What do you plan to sell them for? Shipped from US or UK?
Not sure which is the best place to advertise. Not familiar with ebay. Need the flexibility to have the option of selling everything as a bundle (6 batteries, two power units, two charging hubs) or separately since one of the batteries is brand new unopened, two have boxes and three have no boxes. Not sure how much to ask, yet, either. They work out at £126 new from DJI (plus delivery?). I'm in the UK and I wasn't intending to ship abroad. Lot of hassle there.
Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT