Is the tablet holder arm on your P4P RC plastic or metal?

Reaction score
I received a P4P RC last week only to find that it came with a cheap plastic arm and not what looks to be the metal one on the product page. Is yours metal or plastic?
P4P plastic arm.jpg

I'm on my third round with DJI customer support after they sent me the image below explaining that the arm on the right is plastic and is what I received. :mad::mad::mad:
DJI controllers.jpg

I am NOT looking forward to the day should I ever actually need to have the bird repaired.:eek:

There was another forum member complaining about his P4P coming with a plastic clip stand also. I'd take it back unless dji will ship you a replacement. Good luck.

There are many aftermarket aluminum inspire stands on Amazon for under $20. How much is your time worth arguing with dji?. You'll likely spend $100 in time on the phone.

Fly often, be safe

Last edited:
Metal. Aluminium if I have to guess. Plastic, really?

Plastic, really?

Yep. The only thing I can figure is that this is what DJI might have done for orders for the RC only, separate from a bird purchase. I ordered another one because DJI has gone dark on me and I now suspect that I even received a P4P RC in the first place, even though that is what was listed on the box. Could be a P4 RC for all I know. I'll see what the new one looks like.

There are many aftermarket aluminum inspire stands on Amazon for under $20. How much is your time worth arguing with dji?. You'll likely spend $100 in time on the phone.

Good point, but my concern now is that I may not have gotten a P4P controller and instead got a P4 controller thrown into a P4P box. Until DJI proves otherwise, I think they screwed up and sent me the wrong item.

Yep. The only thing I can figure is that this is what DJI might have done for orders for the RC only, separate from a bird purchase. I ordered another one because DJI has gone dark on me and I now suspect that I even received a P4P RC in the first place, even though that is what was listed on the box. Could be a P4 RC for all I know. I'll see what the new one looks like.

Look on the back, does it say GL300F? That's the P4P remote.

Reactions: azgeek
Look on the back, does it say GL300F? That's the P4P remote.
Yes, that is the model number on the back. I confirmed that I can switch the Lightbridge connection between 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz, so I guess that also tells me it's a P4P RC. Cancelled the additional P4 RC order because it was stupid to order another one. Actually, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. :(

Last edited:
Plastic here. It seems to be really nice plastic though...[emoji15]

A couple of questions for you:

1) Did you order yours as a separate RC or did yours come with the P4P package?
2) Does yours seat firmly in the RC? Mine is a bit loose so the tablet flops about 1/8" from side to side, no matter how tight I turn on the knurled knob or the front screw. Very disappointed.

Last edited:
Package deal. I use an iPad mini and actually don't think the mount is all that bad. My only real beef with it is the iPad is just slightly cocked to the right and that drives my OCD nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just received my additional RC via DJI 5 minutes ago and the arm is plastic...WTF, $300+ and they can't supply metal!

How sturdy is the plastic arm compared to the metal arm?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl