Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Is the P3 an adult toy or......

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by AbsPapa, Jun 30, 2015.

1. AbsPapa

AbsPapa Guest

Why do men like these things? That is a legitmate question. Can we compare them to fishing, hunting, golfing and other hobbies/sports. Truth is these are big boy toys. We have never grown up. Ask your wives, lol.

2. danjordrone

My wife loves comin out flying to its a great hobby for us both

AbsPapa likes this.
  3. AbsPapa

AbsPapa Guest

Give her the controls.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Women love these things too :D

5. Cooter3690

The difference between a men and boys is the price of their toys!

AbsPapa likes this.
  6. chicago jeff

Unless u use it for commercial photography it's a toy/hobby in my opinion. That said, mines treated like anything else I own that I don't want to take chances with or destroy.

AbsPapa likes this.
  7. Buckaye

I don't understand the question. Of course it's a big boy toy. This is something I can blow my money on simply because I can :) Isn't that really what all hobbies are? My wife like to garden, cook and shop... she also likes to come out with a glass of wine and watch me fly :)

AbsPapa likes this.
  8. AbsPapa

AbsPapa Guest

Men enjoy mechanical, electronics, challenging, expensive toys. Operating them at times makes us feel like a kid. P3's are not a necessity. They are toys that give us pleasure and relaxation when we operate them. A young kid can't afford them. You have to be an adult with some cash to get one.

9. Zigs

In the past week I've had at least a half dozen people make an observation about my "toy" when they see me flying my Phantom 3. If toy means they recognize the pleasure and excitement it brings to an old fart, let it be a toy. OTOH, if I and other operators viewed it as a "toy" I fear the freedom to enjoy it will be short lived. So far, my greatest challenge has been "friends" suggesting I do 'this or that' when watching me fly. In most cases it had the potential to lead to severe consequences.

P.S. I'm 64 and my friends are about as old. It sobers me to think what 20 years olds are thinking. :-0.

Z

10. AbsPapa

AbsPapa Guest

Just a question. You answered it quite well, I think.

11. Monte55

It's probably just a battery thing

Buckaye likes this.
  12. Julius717

My wife Flys mine she'll take the p3 when u decide to get the inspire. She flew My vision plus also. She loves it