Is the Firmware stable for Phantom 4 Pro

Also most people seem to think that the latest firmware version for the P4 Pro is stable?

Is that the same for the latest GO app version? Or has any restrictions or other problems been introduced in the latest GO app?

Firmware gets blamed for lots of things that it is not responsible for.
I fly two P4 pro drones running the latest firmware and have no issues.
Both run perfectly.
If there were issues like the ones you are asking about, I wouldn't be able to take photos like this every week:
DJI_0488aaa-X3.jpg
Meta4 that is an absolute awesome pic. Did you use filters and what type/ND number?

Meta4 that is an absolute awesome pic. Did you use filters and what type/ND number?
Thanks ... no filters used.
ND filters have their use for video but in stills they would only be useful if you particularly wanted to shoot at a slower shutter speed than normal.
That would be fairly rare in drone photography.
For that shot, my concern was the opposite.
With a fast moving subject in low light, I had to make sure that the shutter speed was fast enough to prevent motion blur.

I also have the latest firmware for the drone and controller and have no problems with this and several upgrades. I guess I am lucky.

Okay did you noticed any differences from the earlier firmwares for the P4 Pro, good or bad?

I haven't actually tested the craft yet, but i turned on the craft briefly and saw something about that it needed to be updated.
So the question is if i should stay on the current firmware (don't know the version yet) or if i should update to the latest firmware?

I also own the Inspire 1 and there has my rule been to not update the firmware since the new firmwares brought more problems and limitations than good stuff.
But maybe its different with the P4 Pro firmwares?

I just noticed something on my new P4 Pro which is less than 1 day old. It looks as there is a bit missing from the upper gimbal ring. Its a very small bit but if its not suppose to be like that then its not okay.
I have looked at pictures online of the P4 Pro and i can't see that they have this same thing.
Do you guys have this same thing on your P4 Pro?

1zguesj.jpg

fjnhv9.jpg

The craft also had some dust and dirt on it when i opened the sealed box. Maybe thats normal for DJI?
sv.tinypic.com

Last edited:
Firmware gets blamed for lots of things that it is not responsible for.
I fly two P4 pro drones running the latest firmware and have no issues.
Both run perfectly.
If there were issues like the ones you are asking about, I wouldn't be able to take photos like this every week:
DJI_0488aaa-X3.jpg

Meta, I always love your boat pix.

I have never had issues either. All updated to latest. Range is fine for me since I always try to keep VLOS. Usually, if there is an issue I see, it is my own user error.

Thanks ... no filters used.
ND filters have their use for video but in stills they would only be useful if you particularly wanted to shoot at a slower shutter speed than normal.
That would be fairly rare in drone photography.
For that shot, my concern was the opposite.
With a fast moving subject in low light, I had to make sure that the shutter speed was fast enough to prevent motion blur.
Beautiful shots on your site!

The main difference is with the new updated firmware, you need a logged in account with stored credit card details or government verified picture ID and live internet connection on your device to get permission from DJI to fly your drone past the beginner limit.
All data and flight mapping of where you fly including any rules you may break is available directly available to your local enforcement department or police in evidence form from DJI servers.

With the old inferior firmware, your drone was your drone, you did not need permission to fly it, or a credit card stored on a server with no data protection laws in China and the authorities could not request details of who was flying where at what time.

However to the majority on here, they dont care, they just want to fly their toy.

The main difference is with the new updated firmware, you need a logged in account with stored credit card details or government verified picture ID and live internet connection on your device to get permission from DJI to fly your drone past the beginner limit.
All data and flight mapping of where you fly including any rules you may break is available directly available to your local enforcement department or police in evidence form from DJI servers.

With the old inferior firmware, your drone was your drone, you did not need permission to fly it, or a credit card stored on a server with no data protection laws in China and the authorities could not request details of who was flying where at what time.

However to the majority on here, they dont care, they just want to fly their toy.
I assume you are being sarcastic?

This is simply not true.
Yes, you need to log into your app.
No - there is no requirement to supply any credit card details or any ID.
No - you do not need a live internet connection to fly
No - your flight data and proof of breaking any rules are not directly available to anyone and are not stored on DJI servers.
I wonder why you would spread such false information.
Are you paranoid enough to believe it or are you wanting to cause trouble?

Reactions: John Locke
Have you read this somewhere? Somebody wrote on the DJI forums that it was possible, but i wanted to have it confirmed by somebody who has tested?
I know it's pArt #54, if you have yours mounted to the bottom of your RC, pop the cover off mine had it marked inside.

I just noticed something on my new P4 Pro which is less than 1 day old. It looks as there is a bit missing from the upper gimbal ring. Its a very small bit but if its not suppose to be like that then its not okay.
I have looked at pictures online of the P4 Pro and i can't see that they have this same thing.
Do you guys have this same thing on your P4 Pro?

1zguesj.jpg

fjnhv9.jpg

The craft also had some dust and dirt on it when i opened the sealed box. Maybe thats normal for DJI?
sv.tinypic.com
That does look strange, like a little chip. My P4P doesn't have it, see below. Can you easily exchange it with your vendor? It's likely only cosmetic, it should fly OK. And you don't have to update the firmware just because it suggests to. My firmware is 5mos old and it flies just fine. I ignore the prompts to upgrade firmware, but that just me. I actually prefer older firmware because the doors to added freedoms can be opened later, if desired.

upload_2017-11-11_23-53-20.png

Thanks for your answers. Well it seems to fly OK for now at least, I'm not 100 percent sure about the camera quality since I'm not an expert (yet), i was thinking of uploading a few pics/ a vid for the Pro´s here to make a judgement. I´m still in the 14 day return window so if there is something wrong i want to know it now so i can exchange it, instead of later having to ship it to DJI, we all know what thats like.

Well the ring over the gimbal that is chipped is more for myself seeing it every time, even though i bet most people wouldn't even recognize it without looking carefully. But thats just me, i get annoyed over these small things as well. And also one would think that an expensive product like the P4P would be perfect. Quality control?

Just for the sake of curiosity, does anybody know exactly what the part that is chipped are, is it just a ring that can be removed by itself, or is it part of the whole gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor