Is the Crystalsky worth it?

I finally reordered I'll have it Tuesday I have a simple question , I'm still using the grey foam box does the Remote control still fit with the CS bracket attached?

Yes it fits fine. You will have to rotate the bracket all the way forward or it will hit the phantom

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
Bought the Ultra bright and love it. Definitely worth it as long as you can afford it and you get one that works. I've had no problem with mine and it's great in daylight.

Bought the Ultra bright and love it. Definitely worth it as long as you can afford it and you get one that works. I've had no problem with mine and it's great in daylight.
does anybody know if DJI worked out the bugs with the large Ultra high-definition monitor.
I'm still apprehensive to purchase one with the problems that I'm reading about.. would you please let us know if there's any trouble whatsoever.

I have the Ultrabright version and I like it pretty much. However, DJI Go 4 stops responding on pretty much every flight, so it's disconcerting. The app never hung or terminated while using on my Android phone. CS needs to have some bugs worked out before it's reliable.

The display quality is invaluable in daylight. It adjusts brightness to the environment nicely and I don't have to mess with any display controls. It's build solidly, feels like military gear, and the mounting and connection system is well implemented.

Reactions: Paul2660
Yup.

Great hardware. Ton of bugs on software side.

Only use my CS with Mavic now. Just too buggy with P4. App disconnects and or Video lock ups. On iPad no problems.

Paul C

For a grand invested, I hope DJI promptly fixes the problems.

I've noted that video pauses/breaks up (like it did on my 10 year old tablet) when I use Intelligent Flight modes. It may not have enough CPU power to decode video while handling the additional burden of flying the bird.

Not using a CS here but recently started using a Lavie PC-TE508HAW. Was using a LG Qua Tab Px before. Always had crashes on the LG but none so far on the Lavie, and it's quite bright. I just keep forgetting to turn the screen up. Only need to have it at 75% to see clearly on a sunny day. Good stuff and a lot cheaper than the CS. Only paid about US$140 (¥14,000) for it.

Reactions: Basspig
I have the Ultrabright version and I like it pretty much. However, DJI Go 4 stops responding on pretty much every flight, so it's disconcerting. The app never hung or terminated while using on my Android phone. CS needs to have some bugs worked out before it's reliable.

The display quality is invaluable in daylight. It adjusts brightness to the environment nicely and I don't have to mess with any display controls. It's build solidly, feels like military gear, and the mounting and connection system is well implemented.
I udated the CS to the newest FW then did a CS reset in the menu and its doing great for about a dozen flights now...

I upgraded but did do a reset. Good idea and I will try that today.

I was concerned the reset would drop firmware back.

Paul C

I had to upgrade mine in order for it to see the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0; before that, it thought it was connected to a Mavic. But with the latest firmware, it's crashing constantly. It stopped responding last night as I was landing the bird manually. Usually it only stops when I switch to still photo mode while the bird is in the air.

Reactions: Paul2660
I had to upgrade mine in order for it to see the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0; before that, it thought it was connected to a Mavic. But with the latest firmware, it's crashing constantly. It stopped responding last night as I was landing the bird manually. Usually it only stops when I switch to still photo mode while the bird is in the air.

I upgraded the firmware to allow support for the P4 Vr 2.0 but,

Mine did this too for the first time, on switching from video to stills, the camera froze. I still had live view on the screen, it did not lock up, but no longer could shoot either stills or video. This is on a P4 Pro Vr 2.0. To get the camera back, I had to land, and power cycle the drone. Then all was fine.

Went back to iPad and no issues.

Paul C.

I bought mine 6 days ago and have tested it hardly in Mallorca with no issues. Fingers crossed...
Really good build and incredible brightness which make it fundamental with direct sun.

Using the latest update of the Crystalsky (Go4 P4P) I discovered that it is now nearly impossible to change orbit speed in POI mode. It took about 20 attempts using the slider to get it to change. Of course it didn’t change to the speed I desired. Had to give up.

I had a 5.5 and thought it was to small and just got a 7.8 HB. I think that is just right, same size as a mini. Just update to the latest firmware had 3-4 flight last weekend and so far no noticeable lag or lockups, it worked good

It's the best for direct sunlight, no doubt about it, but DJI App doesn't work well on it and the HB have a design problem that make the fan impossible to get cooler when it is working outside with sun and at maximum brightness.
So I'll recommend the no HB one. It still working well with direct sunlight and didn't get too much hot like the HB one.

I have a 7.85 High brightness CS ordered through B&H Photo. I'm not 100% positive when it will ship. I've been reading a lot and watching a lot of videos related to the Crystalsky.

My main question for those that have one ---- Is it worth it? I can get a new ipad pro for around the same price. Are there any major downfalls of the CS? I do use Litchi, but on the rare occassion that I was Litchi, I can just use my phone.
I love mine. My only complaint is I can't install Drone Deploy on it. So when I have to use it I just strap my iPad mini to it using a hood.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl