Is it possible to shut down the motors mid flight?

Reaction score
Is it possible to shut down power to the motors in flight?

CSC should do it.

Of course, CSC, but why would you.

Yes, but it's preferred you're high enough to CSC back on and catch it. I've thoroughly tested this in the simulator and while flying under the magic 400' number it's hard to do. Much easier from quadruple digits.

I have been wondering about this, at what height will the motors shut down from holding the throttle down for more than 3 seconds?
I guess those that hand catch must have to shut the motors down this way otherwise the phantom would cartwheel out of control.
But I guess when descending from height you don't have to do it in short bursts.

If you keep the left stick fully down the phantom will just keep descending and once it knows it is no longer descending the motors will turn off after 3 seconds. That could be at ground level, hand level or if it comes down into a tree for example and gets stuck the motors will turn off after 3 secs as long as you hold down the left stick. It won't shut off mid air by fully pulling the left stick, only by the 4 stick combinations that induce a csc.

That makes sense, I thought about this as you may take off from one height and then land at a different height, say for example on a table or roof and then you may struggle to turn off the motors and would be forced to CSC.
I will go back to reading the manual again before my P3 arrives. There is a lot to learn.

Thanks for the info

James

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
That makes sense, I thought about this as you may take off from one height and then land at a different height, say for example on a table or roof and then you may struggle to turn off the motors and would be forced to CSC.
I will go back to reading the manual again before my P3 arrives. There is a lot to learn.

Thanks for the info

James
No prob :)

I think this is a software flaw were as you can shut down the motors in mid flight.

I haven't seen a P3 manual but it is clearly stated multiple times in the P2 manuals what the CSC will do. Clearly not a flaw as in bug. Useful in an emergency situation and not a stick combination that would be used in any normal flight maneuver. Sorry if it bit you.

Yes you can:
You pulled the stick to the center, what about this, to the outside bottom?
Yes you can:
image1.PNG

I haven't seen a P3 manual but it is clearly stated multiple times in the P2 manuals what the CSC will do. Clearly not a flaw as in bug. Useful in an emergency situation and not a stick combination that would be used in any normal flight maneuver. Sorry if it bit you.

I was leading at boat at close to 60' up that was turning and I wanted to go down, yaw, and still keep flight path, so in the drink I went cause motors shut down.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl