Is it just me ?

i kinda get what you mean but for me its how do videos which are just hey look i can fly and move around get loads of likes, views and comments compared to my oen videos and other who spend hours and hours of editing and experiences flying skills dont get 10% of what those get. dont make sense to me ha.

But as above not sure why id by a good quality camera drone to just have a look around as surely that gets boring? how many times do you check your house ha.

If you just want to feel like your flying around id get a racing drone for more of a thrill
flying the phantom close is boring, flying it far is exciting and raises your curiosity of what is 1km+ away

There’s no doubt you have to find ways to keep it from becoming boring... but the same can be said for ground level photography/video, or virtually any hobby (or even sport) for that matter.

I couldn’t wait to get out on the water this summer to capture boats, skiing, tubing, water sports of all kinds. I have some great shots of kids jumping off “pirate ships”...

But that’s done now. They all look the same, editing is getting tired, my audience was wow’d but have now seen it all.

Until I find new subject matter though, I still enjoy the flight dynamics, and the hobby itself. I don’t fly every day, I don’t watch every hockey game, I don’t eat the same meal and I don’t wear the same clothes every day either.

Reactions: 120CCPM
I enjoy the flying, tinkering aspect more. Pics and videos are just a bonus for me to view after the flight.

That's probably why I have a P3S and not a P4 or better.

I am looking for something to replace my aging P3S though.

I don't mean to take away from the film buffs, but it's not all about video & pretty pictures.

I have always found photography boring. AP takes 'mundane' & 'boring' to dizzying new heights.

Replace your P3S with a Syma X8G or the many other similar toy drones. No GPS, fully manual flight. Many even come with a camera so you can still look around. Flying one of these won’t be boring especially if you have even a mild breeze. That will probably cure your boredom.

I agree it can be boring. That is why I have a setup I take others out flying. I put my phone in a goggles so they can fly fpv and control the camera, then I have an HDMI board with HDMI monitor so I see see what they are seeing, All love flying around like that.

I built a payload release to add fun for my Phantoms. Here is a video of my Phantom dropping toy parachutes to my grand-kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me, or do others find aerial photography & video mind numbingly boring ?

Even more so now that every man and his dog has the means to churn this crap out by the bucket load ?

Oh, with the obligatory cheesy sound track. :( FFS

It was a bit of a novelty back when we had blip cams attached to GWS Slow Sticks, but you seen it once, you've seen it a million times.

Boring.

A post like that an
This thread is BORING

ice-cube-bye-felicia.jpg
The whole forum is BORING
ice-cube-bye-felicia.jpg

Is it just me, or do others find aerial photography & video mind numbingly boring ?

Even more so now that every man and his dog has the means to churn this crap out by the bucket load ?

It was a bit of a novelty back when we had blip cams attached to GWS Slow Sticks, but you seen it once, you've seen it a million times.

Boring.
Try another hobby......

How about finding something useful to do with your flying camera?
I am fighting the proliferation of Frac Sand mines in Wisconsin. Similar to open pit coal mines, they cut down the trees, strip off the topsoil and send the exposed sand out of state, destroying the formerly pristine land and devastating local property values. The mines build high berms around their periphery so you can't see what they are doing, so I provide aerial photographs to inform those interested. www.lookdownpictures.com

Boring is relative to who is watching, the vast majority do it for themselves and like to share (nice people). I have satellite tv and mostly boring but there is always that one show just like that one aerial view that amazes me, relax take it in stride and enjoy...life is good and stop looking at the negative they are not made to impress you, people are just having fun out here.

I never get bored flying. For me the excitement is waiting to see if the drone will flyaway on it's own, or return as instructed ! (Said no-one ever )

I believe I'll get up tomorrow morning and go to the country club. Hang out in the pro shop and whine about how boring golf is.. Get my point?

Boring.
At first I was thinking "Well, why in the heck does he even have a drone?" but then I thought to myself, I'm a little like that, too. I live on a lot of acreage. I bought the Mavic so I could "whip it out" anytime I want to see further or go check on something, an intruder, hogs, deer, just to see how high the creek has risen, etc. Now, with the Mavic I can take it walking or on the four-wheeler and always be ready for a look. I actually think all those music scenes people make mean more to them than their audiences and that's ok. Good memories, a way to keep them recorded.

Boring.

Sorry, it's mostly just you!

Boring photography and videos are boring whether your camera is at ground level or up in the air.
Great images are great images but you can't depend on a flying camera to give poor photography a lift.
... and these 'boring videos' may be simply people starting out and discovering what is possible.

You could say the same about landscape photography, golf, or any interest/hobby for that matter. You find aerial videography boring. Fair enough. You won’t be alone.

For me the videography is only a small component. Finding locations, planning the shoot, practicing and learning new moves, editing etc are all part of it.

Personally I find waypoint missions exceptionally boring. You might as well just watch someone else fly.
Some people want to just fly. Some want a drone as a platform for photo/videography. Here is a programmed mission. Is it boring?

Reactions: nogo
Some people want to just fly. Some want a drone as a platform for photo/videography. Here is a programmed mission. Is it boring?

My point wasn’t that videos will be boring if created by autonomous flight- of course that would be a ridiculous proposition. I was simply saying, for me, the preference is to fly the AC manually. You can do it however you like and you should. I do use both litchi and autopilot also but find that most takes can be flown just as well on the sticks and that is what I prefer to do.

It is all about the quality. There are good or bad shots or videos. But the true is, that as everyone can post his stuff on the web, it is generally more or less bad. You can find 90% music boring, but you won't say that the music in general is boring. It has something to do with our civilisation, which becomes boring.
The best thing in drone filming is, that you must go out in the nature to do that and that can't be boring.
Best regards
Andy

It is all about the quality. There are good or bad shots or videos. But the true is, that as everyone can post his stuff on the web, it is generally more or less bad. You can find 90% music boring, but you won't say that the music in general is boring. It has something to do with our civilisation, which becomes boring.
The best thing in drone filming is, that you must go out in the nature to do that and that can't be boring.
Best regards
Andy
Just like photography... People takes photos of anything... Good Photography comes from interesting places, positions or accidentally... You just have to try and make it interesting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor