Is anyone using range boosters on the P4P?

I was having signal loss on 5.8 (I didn't realise at the time there is an issue with 5.8) so I added a pair of boosters and it helped a lot, now I have set mine to 2.4 I have no issues with signal drop.

Just curious is anyone is using range boosters on the P4P?
Yes .... I purchased the Parabolic Booster from Best Buy last week. I noticed a big difference. I only use it if I'm flying more than 3-4,000 ft away. Im in a congested area with a lot of radio towers around.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Just be careful what ones you buy, the plastic folding type that slot at the bottom and the top of the antenna make them face downwards, the plastic at the back stops you tilting the antenna right back

For me 5.8ghz is always better, may be I flew above city. I notices a huge improvement in range compare to my p4. From where I flew is CE region (2km) however I constantly get over 2km, the best I have done so far is 3265meters with 5.8ghz, I don't know how it works it is just awesome. All these are without any sort of range extender. For me to get over 2km range in the same place with 2.4 ghz , I have to use wind surfer.

However for my p4p with 5.8 ghz even with windsurfer I don't notice much increase in range but narrowed the signal.

Without changing the setting with 5.8ghz it is most likely to goes over 2km, the time I got 3265m I checked which ever 5.8 channel is unused then forced it to that one like channel 26, to me in that area almost none 5.8 ghz is detected so I can use any really. Also turn the quality to the lowest. Good luck guys hope you all get good range, ps I flew at 120m up for that distance

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT