Is 1500g too much? :lol:

Reaction score
Finally finished my ambition to assemble the most fully loaded Phantom I can ever thing of.

The weight, however, kinda scares me to fly right now. :lol:

Any thoughts?

23h21yg.jpg

You're look at Mini iOSD, BTU, Bus hub, waypoint datalink, AVL58 TX, H3-3D, GoPro batteryless, DroneMods GPS, and Carbon Fiber landing gear.

I'm really hoping it's the landing gear.. :roll:

EDIT: Image fixed.

The manual says 1200 grams. It will fly BUT the motors will turn harder to get the lift needed. That will lower flight times without regard to which size battery you use. The more weight, the lower the flight time.

The other big problem the quad center of balance. If it is more forward, the harder the front motors will have to turn to keep the quad level. The software makes corrections hundreds if not thousands per second to the motors to maintain some type of balance without regard to the craft flying forward or in a hover position in the air. More weight, the harder the quad must work.

UrAwFuL said:
GoPro batteryless

Do you mean you have the battery out of the gopro? You do not want to try to use the gimbal without the battery in the camera if that's what you're thinking.

Also, why the BTU on the Phantom? Why not just connect it to the ground end of the groundstation, since that will give you much more range? It will also let you get that weight, and the canbus hub as well, off the Phantom.

The Phantom will fly at 1500g, but you're going be putting a lot of strain on the motors and ESC's.

OI Photography said:
UrAwFuL said:
GoPro batteryless

Do you mean you have the battery out of the gopro? You do not want to try to use the gimbal without the battery in the camera if that's what you're thinking.

Also, why the BTU on the Phantom? Why not just connect it to the ground end of the groundstation, since that will give you much more range? It will also let you get that weight, and the canbus hub as well, off the Phantom.

The Phantom will fly at 1500g, but you're going be putting a lot of strain on the motors and ESC's.

Took out the battery as of posting, turns out GoPro doesn't turn on without a battery so I had to put that back. :lol:

Hmm.. thought I needed the BTU for ground station since it came with it. If that's the case, I could just swap out the BTU for the ground station receiver and wouldn't even need the hub and everything.

So far the BTU, iOSD Mini, AVL58, H3-3D + GoPro, and GPS tracker is around 1400g. I'm probably gonna end up switching back to stock landing gear since these carbon fiber ones are like 150g by itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing