iPhone gps not working

Reaction score
So my iPhone 6s Plus gps is not working properly. It shows my location off by a few hundred ft. I'm wondering if it's safe to fly the standard with it until I get the phone replaced.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It'll be fine as long as you're not using the Follow Me feature or attempting to reset the home point to your current location. All other features use the GPS on your Phantom.

The drone uses its own gps if I am not mistaken. Not sure why your phone would be off. So you can still fly safely.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

A couple days ago I decided to take my Phantom 3 Standard out for a fly, it was raining for 5 days so I hadn't taken it out in a while. A new update for the DJI GO app became available prior to those 5 days and I ignored downloading it as a precaution just in case there were bugs in the update. The next time I took it out (2 days ago) I started everything up, set the home location, calibrated everything, set up my fail safe rth and then went up and away. Well it ended up losing GPS signal with the remote and it hovered for a few seconds, like normal, then....it changed its home location, ALL BY ITSELF, to the point it was hovering over and then it proceeded to auto land and every time I tried cancelling it to bring it home it wouldn't let me because it said RC signal lost and it would reengage auto landing in its new 'home location' and I fought with it a few times cancelling it but it would just restart auto landing every time. Long story short, it got stuck 50 feet up a cedar tree. My phone is an iPhone 6 and the setting to auto download app updates is OFF. How come it auto updated itself?? My poor drone got a little injured. I'd rather it not happen again. Is it still safe to fly it? I haven't taken it out since. Oh, and for the 1st 10 minutes after I rescued it from the tree it was stuck in auto take off mode. It's not anymore though, I've had it on l, just to scared to take her up.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

it ended up losing GPS signal with the remote and it hovered for a few seconds, like normal, then....it changed its home location, ALL BY ITSELF, to the point it was hovering over and then it proceeded to auto land
You mean it lost the RC signal, right?

How close was the cedar tree to the original home point?

How do you know it changed its home point location?

I watched it change its home point on my phone screen. I flew it up and then about 230-250 ft away then the little "H" icon for home flickered back and forth between the original home point and the point of its location and then it settled on its new location being the home point and started to auto land and wouldn't stop.

I watched it change its home point on my phone screen. I flew it up and then about 230-250 ft away then the little "H" icon for home flickered back and forth between the original home point and the point of its location and then it settled on its new location being the home point and started to auto land and wouldn't stop.

Ditch the iPhone......another bad apple in the barrel ..... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl