Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iPhone GoPro App question

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by Skbaja, May 2, 2014.

1. Skbaja

Hi... I'm a newbie, (phantom 2 with H-3-3D) and just starting to get the hang of basic flying. Love it, but kind of stressful when reading about all these flyaway problems.

I hadn't tried my "Fail Safe" mode - too nervous to turn off controller.

But today I had a scary incident, and HAD to use it. Than God it worked!

Anyway, I was using my GoPro iPhone app. Connected to camera, video showing, but camera not recording when I took off. Flew it around to practice. Then I wanted to start shooting video. I put Phantom in hover and pushed the record button.

I had video and camera was filming, but within a few minutes, I didn't have control of the Phantom. I pushed levers up and down, right and left. Phantom was about 60 feet up and 100 ft away. Nothing worked. Freaking out, I decided to use "Fail-Safe".

Well luckily it performed as advertised . Yay...

But can anyone tell me why it happened? I'm suspecting the wifi signals collided or something. Do any of you know if I should not try to use the app? What about the remote? I was so excited about these things.

Any help, explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lucky flyer ,

Sharona

2. Cessna

The GoPro app that works with your Iphone uses 2.4 ghz which can cause issues with your tx/rx signal. Check the User Manual for your Phantom, I believe you will find warnigns about using the wireless features with the GoPro while attached to the Phantom.

3. Skbaja

Thank you for your reply. Is there any way to change frequency, or another app that would do the same thing and not interfere? Thanks

4. Cessna

The wi-fi frequency of the GoPro cannot be changed. I just record the whole flight. While you could change the transmitter/reciever for the Phantom to a 5.8 ghz setup, you would have to be comfortable with removing and rewiring the reciever inside the Phantom.

Rick