Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iPhone 6 Plus battery usages

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by TheRealNick, Feb 20, 2016.

1. TheRealNick

So I experimented a little and with background app refresh off, do not disturb on, LTE data on, and location services on I lost 17% on one flight. I then keep all the settings the same but turned of location services and lost 11%. I will try again with airplane mode with location services off....

2. NepenthesLucas

I have a go phone but I turn off Wifi, GPS (unless I do F mode) Put brightness all the way up, stop ALL backround apps, and that helps ALOT. You should only lose a mx around 7%.

3. mikecorn1

On my iPhone 6 s plus I turn up my brightness almost all the way up and I don't loose more then 6 to 7 % on s total flight. I'm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. robinb

I have an iPhone 6+.
    Keeping everything running (wifi, etc) no apps closed.
    It uses about 10% on a 20 minute flight.

5. TheRealNick

I did some more testing today, with background refresh off, do not disturb on, location services on, and LTE on I lost 9%. I then turned off location services and did airplane mode, flying like this I only lost 3% of my battery. So, that seems to be the best setting. Also, on my original post I was walking around so I think that uses more GPS. It would appear the iPhone uses its other sensors to determine if it needs to update GPS or not....

6. pilkiwilky

So it seems the answer is to buy an external charging pack and Velcro to the back... But my question is how do I connect both the charger AND the phantom controller at the same time? There is only one plug socket on the iPhone.

Thx in advance

7. almustafa

My iPhone 6 will easily run for 2 hours, so I just keep a battery booster handy to charge my iphone afterwards. Also keep an iPad mini in my pack that I can use and just create a hotspot on my phone to get gps on the iPad mini.