iPad version 9.01 released

Reaction score
Apple says that video bugs have been addressed. I couldn't downgrade to version 8.4 so I have to hope that version 9.01 will fix the video lag problem. Will try later tomorrow or next day. Fingers crossed! X o_O

I experienced some significant video feed related issues myself with iOS 9. I'm installing 9.0.1 now. I will report back if the update corrected the problems.
Thanks for the post.

*Update* (09/24/2015) The problem has persisted after the update. Using an iPhone 5s.

Last edited:
iOS 9.0.1 working great here on iPad 4 mini. To be fair it was working well in 9 as well.

Sent from my PT beating heart

iOS 9.0.1 working great here on iPad 4 mini. To be fair it was working well in 9 as well.

9.0 had an erratic vertical flipping of the screen on my video feed. Fortunately I was in LOS & able to fly it safely home. Hoping IOS 9.01 fixed that?

No issues today with my iPad Air 2 but I did have issues with my mini 2 on 9.0. I don't think I care to try again with my mini 2

No issues today with my iPad Air 2 but I did have issues with my mini 2 on 9.0. I don't think I care to try again with my mini 2
That's unfortunate you won't try your mini 2. I'd really like to know that ALL versions of iPads work without issue. I'm trying my iPad mini 2 wifi tomorrow or later today when I finish working around the house.

It's even more unfortunate that this original post was moved to the "Off Topic" forum by the moderator from the "P3 Discussion" forum when it's apparently vital info to all P3 pilots. Oh well...that's life!

Last edited:
Well more than just you P3 guys use apple for FPV if anything I think it should have been moved to General discussion because more people go there than here in OT ;)

Just tried mine with IOS 9.01 iPad 2 mini/wifi. Took it to 200ft & got a brief "No Signal." I'm sure it was because I was almost straight up from me. (Antennas tips don't like to point at the craft). Anyway, I did get an erratic vertical video lag during the landing that really p#*sed me off!

Only flew a few hundred yards but, don't feel confident enough with this issue to go for a further distance flight yet with this vertical video lag.

To visualize what I'm trying to describe? Imagine watching your TV & suddenly the picture begins to vertically roll downwards several times for you.

Last edited:
Well more than just you P3 guys use apple for FPV if anything I think it should have been moved to General discussion because more people go there than here in OT ;)
Totally AGREE with you. It was foolish to send this topic to this forum.

9.0.1 working well on iPad 4 mini and iPad Air. I had s strange pixel issue (like the iPad was too hot) with my mini the first day. It wasn't too hot however, so I deleted GO app and reinstalled it. No issues since.

9.0.1 working well on iPad 4 mini and iPad Air. I had s strange pixel issue (like the iPad was too hot) with my mini the first day. It wasn't too hot however, so I deleted GO app and reinstalled it. No issues since.

I'm thinking that might be the solution for a lot of people. My air 2 had ios9 and go app freshly installed. Maybe somebody else can confirm?

Reactions: jryser
I've been searching this issue for awhile & found some interesting solutions that allege success besides reinstalling the GoApp.

One that sounds very good is to downgrade the latest 1.4 firmware back to ver.1.3.20. Some that did found flawless flying and video. However, I can't find anyone who has downgraded is using an iPad 2 mini w/wifi only with any success. [emoji53]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl