iPad screen too dim

Reaction score
I have discovered that using the iPad outdoors is challenging when flying p4 drone because when it's sunny out you can't see anything on the scree, if you put on sun glasses, it's too dark also. Even flying on a cloudy day is not that great. What can be done?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have discovered that using the iPad outdoors is challenging when flying p4 drone because when it's sunny out you can't see anything on the scree, if you put on sun glasses, it's too dark also. Even flying on a cloudy day is not that great. What can be done?
No screen is good in sunlight (unless you get the P4 pro+ or Crystalsky when they are released).
Take off the dark glasses and look for a shady place to work from.
A nice shady tree is the best sunshade you can get for your screen.

Better live with the situation, stand in shade and fly. Common sun shades are not effective and deeper hoods are difficult to manage.

You may wear a big hat [emoji145] while flying :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've tried the anti glare screens and sunshades and I still have a hard time seeing in bright sunlight
I will say my cheap $40 tablet is still easier to see than other tablets I've seen costing 100s more

Make sure in your settings but you're getting the max brightness out of the iPad, by leaving the auto brightness ON, in addition to the max slider for brightness.

I am going to be all over that CrystalSky when it's released.

Last edited:
I use the Hoodivision sunshade which works really well and is lightweight but since I upgraded to the Ipad Pro I almost don't use it any more even in full Caribbean sunshine, just shade the display with my body.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl