iPad overheats

Reaction score
I recently purchased the new Phantom 4 and am still in the learning stage my question is i live and work in a very hot climate in Western Australia and i bought an iPad air 2 32gb for the controller and when i have been flying outside the iPad has been shutting down on temp i was wondering if it was due to ambient temp or not enough gig ?
Any help would be much appreciated TIA

Welcome to summer, my iPhone lasts about 15 mins before it does the same. They shut down before they melt. Removing the cover helps a bit, but better to fly in the morning or evening.

Reactions: scot68
Welcome to summer, my iPhone lasts about 15 mins before it does the same. They shut down before they melt. Removing the cover helps a bit, but better to fly in the morning or evening.
thanks mate that's what i was thinking

Enjoy, we had 40C last week and it was too hot to even bother. Thank god for the cricket and a fridge full of beer...
hahahaha yeah I'm hoping for cooler weather when i go back up nth in April i work for a station and want to film one of our big musters this year

First thing I would suggest you try would be to make sure decoder is active, it's in your Dji Go 4 app. Make sure all software, iPad, P4, controller is up to date.

First thing I would suggest you try would be to make sure decoder is active, it's in your Dji Go 4 app. Make sure all software, iPad, P4, controller is up to date.
Thanks for that i know the ambient temp has a lot to do with it but was thinking the program might be making it run hot

Agree with comments above, I'd add try ensure iPad (I use iPad 3 mini here in Melbourne) is well ventilated too eg out of protective case and if possible out of Direct sunlight (obvious I guess) I've not overheated iPad yet but they do get warm. Safe flying

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The p4 while decoder is active help process all that going on between your fpv device and the p4 If this is not active then your tablet processor has to take on the full load. Again this may or may not help, Just something that I read here in this forum I believe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl