iPad mini 4 wifi or CrystalSky 7.85"?

CrystalSky 7.85" or iPad mini 4 wifi?

• CrystalSky 7.85"

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • iPad mini 4 wifi

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
If GPS and 3rd party apps were not important to you, which would you buy? Are the CS features worth the extra money?

A lot of people buy the CrystalSky because it works great in sunny conditions. If that's a major selling point for you, then check out this video to see a comparison between the iPad Mini 4 and CrystalSky:

Reactions: Advexure
That’s a good video msinger. Thanks.

CrystalSky hands down. Third party app support will continue to evolve from where it is now.

Here's another comparison video which shows how even the 1000-nit stacks up with a $2500 high end production monitor:

And here's how the CS stacks up in heat against and iPad:

Give us a shout with any further questions. All CS units are IN STOCK here at Advexure. Safe flying!

I've had the 5.5" CS since it became available and my only regert is that I didn't wait for the 7.85" version. Unless I HAD to have a third party app I'd never even consider an I Pad or other tablet. The visibility in the brightest snow and Colorado sunlight is perfect. The OS is flawless. The GPS is flawless.

Reactions: jrstaff
I use an iPad Mini 2 with a Hoodman hood. It works great with the hood.

I'd go with the iPad since you can use it for a myriad of other functions.

SB

Crystal Sky wins if you're in a cold climate. Forget about it if you're in a hot climate. Anything over 75F and it constantly freezes/DJI Go 4 stopped responding errors. Had it out in 95F weather today and had multiple lock ups.

Crystal Sky wins if you're in a cold climate. Forget about it if you're in a hot climate. Anything over 75F and it constantly freezes/DJI Go 4 stopped responding errors. Had it out in 95F weather today and had multiple lock ups.

My CS was flawless in 92-95F last Friday during 6 consecutive flights. My IPhone 8 was sitting on a a tree stump and overheated in an hour out in the sun.

Reactions: AVImagingllc
I did a six minute flight over the lake and when I landed, and started packing the gear, the CS Ultra was almost too hot to touch. I performs flawlessly on cool days. Just can't use it in the heat. Just about every flight, it experiences an error.

I flew 3 flights with my P4P and my CS worked flawless till the end. It was 96 F and sunny outside. I have the high 7.85 not the ultra.

Do you have the high brightness or the ultra high brightness model?
Because I believe in the video at 115 degrees the guy was using the high brightness CS there was no U in the upper right corner of the CS.

Do you have the high brightness or the ultra high brightness model?
Because I believe in the video at 115 degrees the guy was using the high brightness CS there was no U in the upper right corner of the CS.

I have the Ultrabright, which is almost bright enough on a sunny day.

No wonder you're having trouble, with all the threads I've been reading about the ultra-bright failing there's your answer. Nothing but trouble with the ultra-bright CS. They all work in the cold but not in the heat. Trade it in for a high brightness.

Maybe I should swap the CS for the goggles instead. That would solve the visibility problem. Are the goggles reliable, or are they besieged with problems too?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24