IPAD connectivity problems

Reaction score
Hello,

Just got the Vision + and have an ipad mini.

On the Apple site, there iare 2 apps GS for the IPAD and there is Vision for the IPHONE (says compat with iPad Mini). It appears that the GS is for the nav and that the Vision is for the camera. Is this correct?

Anyway, the camera app wrks great - I had green tail lights (GPS) and took her up, watched the FPV, landed her and copied the video off.

However, the Ground Station app says something like 'connect to aircraft first' and there is nothing that seems to let you do anything - no menu, etc. - there is a 'find controller' button but it never finds anything.

WIFI is set to PhantomXXXX and like I said, the camera link - up to the ipad is fine.

Any thoughts? Again, this a brand new unit; I did update the firmware in the bird.

I want to be able to set waypoints etc.

Any thoughts? Help!!!!

Thanks! Landonsjohnson

From what I know, the ground station app relates to a separate piece of hardware.

If you're using a V+, you can put the app on the iPad mini (there's only one for the phone, no iPad specific app as yet). Search in the app store for phone apps.

When it is installed, you need to go into settings and scroll down to enable the ground station in the app. Then when you're in camera, swipe left to enter ground station mode.

Hope this helps.

OK, so there's really only one program for our birds - the DJI Vision? The 'GS' program (for the IPAD) is not the one to use? Is it for some other quadcopter then?

Thanks!

I was unable to get the google map to show up on ipad mini using the GS in Vision+. Had previously loaded the google map app. Also have an issue with the radar direction indicator being incorrect on ipad mini.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl