IPad 6 compatible

Reaction score
Greetings all
I have searched for compatible mobile devices and found which ones were best suited for my P4, but the list only went up to 2018. I believe my IPad is 2019, my kids gave it to me for Christmas. I tried it but the FPV was so “whitewashed” I couldn’t fly with it. Is there anyone here who is using this device or is my problem operator error.
TIA!
R&R

Thanks Rodpad. That’s the list I was talking about. I appreciate the new link. I guess the 2018 is what I have, I will just need to learn how to change my screen settings (I’m technically challenged). Hooked up to my controller, the screen was almost white. Appreciate the response. I’ll try and google it, and if I find out anything I’ll report back...

Reactions: RodPad
Riseandrun,

Just some obvious questions....as I use a iPad 6th generation also with my P4. I don't get the results you described. I use manual exposure and I make sure to set the White Balance to cloudy or sunny....and I never get the overly contrasty results you are describing on my iPad as I'm shooting photo or video.

Does it look any different on other devics, like an android phone, etc?

It looks awesome on the iPad 6th (2018)...I'm talking both FPV and on my computer.

Thanks Rodpad. That’s the list I was talking about. I appreciate the new link. I guess the 2018 is what I have, I will just need to learn how to change my screen settings (I’m technically challenged). Hooked up to my controller, the screen was almost white. Appreciate the response. I’ll try and google it, and if I find out anything I’ll report back...
Camera settings issue?

@Riseandrun,
This may help, or make you more confused.
iPad - Wikipedia

There is so much crApple info here, I forget which one I have.
toilette-appel.jpg

Rod

Reactions: captainmilehigh
It is almost impossible to white out an Apple iPad screen unless you are in bright sunlight, no matter what model. On the other hand, if the drone's camera is not set on automatic exposure, it can transmit a white image if it is used in light too bright for the manual settings. It will also look very dark if it is set to a light setting and is looking at a dark place. Check the drone camera settings before worrying about the iPad.

Thanks to all for the patient and informative responses. My last flight before I left the beautiful countryside in Tenn. I figured out the problem and it was indeed operator error. I had scrolled the "finger wheel" on the controller that I thought was going to adust the camera and it was the screen exposure. Next time I take that drone somewhere I'm going to make sure the manual is in the box...:-(
FWIW I'm coming from a P2 vision+ and it's not like the P4 at all. (I really like it though, and I've only had 3 flights.) The other thing I need to remember is to hook up a cable to the IPad.
Again thanks to all.

I imagine going from a p2 to a p4 is night and day.

They fly similar. One of the things I like about the phantoms instead of the Mavic's is I can see the drone better, and I can hear it better. (I think. I've never seen/heard a Mavic flying.)
But the big difference is FPV, and all the other options on the P4. For me personally the RTH buttom is one of the biggie's. Thanks for responding earlier. I was hoping someone with an IPad 6 and a P4 would respond.
Happy flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West