iOSD Mini No Video

Hello All!

First post, so please bear with me. I know this question has been asked and answered numerous times, but not with these exact circumstances.

Current Setup:
Phantom 2
Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal w/GoPro Hero 3 Silver (with factory ribbon)
iOSD mini (with manufactured cable)
Immersion RC 600mW 5.8GHz xmit
Fat Shark Attitude V2
If any other setup items are needed, just ask away.

Problem:
I instaled the iOSD mini and I am receiving telemetry data, but no video. I have verified I have the latest firmware on both the drone, and the iOSD mini. The gimbal is supplying power to the gopro, so I do not think I have having a problem with the ribbon cable, but I am aware that is a weak area. I returned the first iOSD mini assuming it was a defective unit, but the second is doing the same thing. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
When I installed all my FVP equipment mine did the same thing. Finally ended up cycling the power on the GoPro and that did it. Seems to be the case every time.
jk

Ha! I wish it were that simple!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I originally thought what fixed mine was hooking the zenmuse back up like the factory had it and bypassing the anti-interference board because that's when mine started working. Now, I think is was the power cycling on the GP that did it. After it started working I plugged back into the anti-int board and it worked as well.
JK

I originally thought what fixed mine was hooking the zenmuse back up like the factory had it and bypassing the anti-interference board because that's when mine started working. Now, I think is was the power cycling on the GP that did it. After it started working I plugged back into the anti-int board and it worked as well.
JK
I appreciate your enthusiasm to the power cycling sequence, but believe me, I have tried every sequence possible for powering on each device.

I've ordered a new cable:
ef70437ad13d83beb4d4cf63acd91949.jpg

To see if that fixes anything..

I've also ordered:
dde098ccd7fbdcc2781445e2fc19d015.jpg

To see if simply taking the iOSD mini out of the picture will deliver video as expected.

Will update when installed and tested.

You are receiving the telemetry in the goggles meaning the TX is working so the problem is from iOSD input back to the camera. Which in my opinion means you will have open the shell and trace it from iosd input to the cam socket, Zenmuse socket, interference module, gimbal and finally to the camera. Something has to be open in that section of cabling or components. .
Replaced the internal cable (see above post) and still have nothing.. I'm starting to grasp at straws here...

Seem the only thing you haven't considered are the goggles either there on the wrong band, channel or defective.

Seem the only thing you haven't considered are the goggles either there on the wrong band, channel or defective.
I will investigate any possibility at this point... Would I still receive a black screen with telemetry data if they were on the wrong band or channel?

I will investigate any possibility at this point... Would I still receive a black screen with telemetry data if they were on the wrong band or channel?

At this point anything is possible. Also make sure the goggles are on NTSC as well.

Do you have the full specs on the goggles?
http://www.fatshark.com/uploads/pdf/1759-1.pdf
Okay. New update.

Received the mini USB straight to TX cable and I get video on my goggles (no telemetry obviously since I am bypassing that loop)

This proves a few things. 1) I am getting video out of the mini usb on the go pro. 2) The goggles are working and are on the correct channel. 3) the tx is working properly.

Since I have replaced the pnp cable, and the ribbon cable to no avail, what else is there? Do you know where I can order the grey gimbal cables replacement? Maybe the internal canbus cable? The zenmuse internal ribbon cable? Other thoughts?

Also, a second problem I upgraded the ribbon cable to the 30 pin and it is not powering the GoPro. Thoughts?

Your the second person who has had this problem this month with the 30 pin connector. Just to make sure the lack of power is caused by by the connector. With camera plugged into the gimbal and turned off power up the P2 is the power LED lit on the camera if not check to see if the power LED is lit on the gimbal plate then 30 pin connector is bad or isn't fully seated.

Here is a link for the gray 8 pin cable. DJI Cable Pack for Phantom 2 Quadcopter (Part 3) CP.PT.000095

With camera plugged into the gimbal and turned off power up the P2 is the power LED lit on the camera?

No.

If not check to see if the power LED is lit on the gimbal plate then 30 pin connector is bad or isn't fully seated.

Yes the power LED is lit on the gimbal plate.

I reseated all gimbal connections and noticed something which may be causing my video problems in the first place.
0b5e4a79b339f6e529600e29ad9d83c0.jpg

Have a link for this cable? Can't find it on Amazon for the H3-3D.

No.

Yes the power LED is lit on the gimbal plate.

I reseated all gimbal connections and noticed something which may be causing my video problems in the first place.
0b5e4a79b339f6e529600e29ad9d83c0.jpg

Have a link for this cable? Can't find it on Amazon for the H3-3D.

Well you have choice you can either try to replace it yourself or send it in for repair. My suggestion is the latter. You would have to completely disassemble to replace the ribbon cable. UAV/Direct may have the cable.

Was is a new P2 or used? I do not recall asking that question but I do see what appears to be wear on that gimbal

UAVDirect, 14365 W State Hwy 29 Liberty Hill, TX 78642, USA 855-778-6363/512-778-6363

Newest Flexible Gimbal Flat Ribbon Flex Cable Part For DJI Phantom 2 H3-3D P2V+

Well you have choice you can either try to replace it yourself or send it in for repair. My suggestion is the latter. You would have to completely disassemble to replace the ribbon cable. UAV/Direct may have the cable.

Was is a new P2 or used? I do not recall asking that question but I do see what appears to be wear on that gimbal

UAVDirect, 14365 W State Hwy 29 Liberty Hill, TX 78642, USA 855-778-6363/512-778-6363

Newest Flexible Gimbal Flat Ribbon Flex Cable Part For DJI Phantom 2 H3-3D P2V+

Okay that was the cable I found, just assumed the vision would have been different. I can replace no problem, I work with micro miniature electronics.

It was new when I purchased it, but I have around 500 hours flight time with it. (Also crashed twice, once for a rookie mistake with GoPro wifi on, and once by catching tree branches on a landing.)

Okay that was the cable I found, just assumed the vision would have been different. I can replace no problem, I work with micro miniature electronics.

It was new when I purchased it, but I have around 500 hours flight time with it. (Also crashed twice, once for a rookie mistake with GoPro wifi on, and once by catching tree branches on a landing.)

That cable is only used on the P2 NV but tell that to the Chinese. If you call UAV/Direct they should have the ribbon cable

Suggestion if you're to repair yourself make a video on the dismantling and assembly as there is no videos whatsoever for the h3-3d including h4-3d. There is a two part for the h3-2d gimbal be that is a complete disassembly and not ribbon replacement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl