iOSD Mini No Video

I stripped the cases off of my 2.4 data link and the iOSD and put them in shrink tubing that I left un-shrunk.
I also relocated the can-bus off the leg and inside. I plan to shorten and strip the can-bus cable, do away with
the can-bus plug and go direct when I open it back up again.

View attachment 42128
What is this "2.4 datalink" you speak of? Also, do you find removing the case from the iOSD provided more space? I will do the same once I am positive it is not the iOSD causing my problem.

My internal setup is nearly identical, although I am using a manufactured cable to supply power/video out to my x-mitter.

Do you mean it's a plug n play cable or one you hard wired.

Plug n play. Purchased it when I purchased the original iOSD, and when it didn't work, I got the 2nd iOSD. When that one didn't work I soldered my own cable, still no go so swapped back to the plug n play.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

0a9bf985dab56168c5a64f43927b54d3.jpg
0fdb3fd346ca0ad673607f8f5e98a8e0.jpg
Current configuration.

What is this "2.4 datalink" you speak of? Also, do you find removing the case from the iOSD provided more space? I will do the same once I am positive it is not the iOSD causing my problem.
The data link is for Ground Station - iPad Ground Station - Waypoint flying at your fingertips | DJI
And yes, more space and it lightens the load ever so slightly (every gram counts), works fine. I used the shrink tube to insulate it from shorts & cause I had it on the bench. :D You could use insulating tape.

0a9bf985dab56168c5a64f43927b54d3.jpg
0fdb3fd346ca0ad673607f8f5e98a8e0.jpg
Current configuration.

I forgot that I have schematics of gimbal and cam sockets. The video from 8 pin cable is pin 8 which in turn connect pin 1 of the cam socket.

Last edited:
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Jack. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Are you sure the iOSD is connected properly?

Here are the pinouts...
View attachment 42116
Using this pin out, would I be able to get straight through continuity between pin x on the mini usb and my video out (yellow line) of the iOSD that plugs into my transmitter?

Just trying to save myself from having to reopen the lid if it's one quick check.

Here are the main and ESC modules schematics.

Schematic - P330CB-H3-2D V2.pdf

http://www.drohnen-forum.de/index.php/Attachment/5376-Schematic-WM-301-BLDC-V2-pdf/

Also found which to leads on USB ribbon cable are video and ground and they are the bottom two in the adapter
Just got to work and checked continuity on the ribbon cable and it is good. Also checked the usb and it is good through the ribbon.

Crap.

Any other ideas?

Just got to work and checked continuity on the ribbon cable and it is good. Also checked the usb and it is good through the ribbon.

Crap.

Any other ideas?

I went back through the post for an answer. In post #10 "If you what to know if the camera work take off the P2 and shoot a minute of video then plug the camera into your computer and play it back"

In post #11 your response was. "I know the GoPro records video fine, and it outputs video from the HDMI port. Granted, I do not know if the standard definition video out on the mini usb port works, but I would assume so."

Well is the USB port on the GoPro is the only link not tested and may save you from opening the shell. Take the camera off the P2 and record for a minute or so.then shut off. With the card inside the camera plug it into your computer then turn on the GP power button and the card will appear on the screen play back the video..If the card doesn't appear that weak link. There are three video outputs on a GP USB, HDMI and the 30 pin connector on the rear of the camera.

Now if that USB is damaged replacing it isn't going to be simple. You could replace the main board and the cost is $166 + shipping from Peau Productions and I were going do that I'd order a 5.4mm lens and lens mount for another $150 and do it all.

I own 4 GoPro cameras and have opened up and change the lenses in both the hero 3+ black and the 4 black as I cannot stand fisheye.

I went back through the post for an answer. In post #10 "If you what to know if the camera work take off the P2 and shoot a minute of video then plug the camera into your computer and play it back"

In post #11 your response was. "I know the GoPro records video fine, and it outputs video from the HDMI port. Granted, I do not know if the standard definition video out on the mini usb port works, but I would assume so."

Well is the USB port on the GoPro is the only link not tested and may save you from opening the shell. Take the camera off the P2 and record for a minute or so.then shut off. With the card inside the camera plug it into your computer then turn on the GP power button and the card will appear on the screen play back the video..If the card doesn't appear that weak link. There are three video outputs on a GP USB, HDMI and the 30 pin connector on the rear of the camera.

Now if that USB is damaged replacing it isn't going to be simple. You could replace the main board and the cost is $166 + shipping from Peau Productions and I were going do that I'd order a 5.4mm lens and lens mount for another $150 and do it all.

I own 4 GoPro cameras and have opened up and change the lenses in both the hero 3+ black and the 4 black as I cannot stand fisheye.

I have used the mini USB port on the GoPro to pull off files before. I didn't consider that when I said "I would assume so".

So now we know the GoPro is good, the ribbon cable is good, the iOSD is outputting telemetry so it is good. Still no video... [emoji37]

But that was before and you need to know it 's work now. By the way have you ever turn on the P2 without the antenna on the TX?

Were able check continuity from the USB ribbon cable to the TX video input?

1) Are both monitor and camera on NTSC?
2) Is the monitor on band "F" and both RX 1&2 on the same channel?
3) Last of all would you happen to have scope?

The only real problems with the camera is that many upgraded to v03 which block the video output from the cameras USB port and to solve that they had rollback the firmware or use a workaround. Watch this video.
Might just try it to see if it will work in you case.

Were able check continuity from the USB ribbon cable to the TX video input?

1) Are both monitor and camera on NTSC?
2) Is the monitor on band "F" and both RX 1&2 on the same channel?
3) Last of all would you happen to have scope?

The only real problems with the camera is that many upgraded to v03 which block the video output from the cameras USB port and to solve that they had rollback the firmware or use a workaround. Watch this video.
Might just try it to see if it will work in you case.
Yes, continuity is good all the way through.

I am using fat shark attitude v2 goggles and not a monitor. I have tried both NTSC and PAL output from the go pro, neither work. The GoPro firmware is version 2.0, so the version 3 issue would not be a factor here.

Well do you have access to a monitor? I cannot help you with the goggles. Would love to try a pair but since they are illegal to use I'll stick with a monitor.

Well do you have access to a monitor? I cannot help you with the goggles. Would love to try a pair but since they are illegal to use I'll stick with a monitor.
I do not, I purchased goggles in lieu of a monitor because I want to use goggles. The law is open to interpretation, and I therefore do not believe their use is illegal.

That being said, I know the goggles work as I have used them many times before I purchased the iOSD with my immersion rc 600tvl camera that originally came in the attitude package, as well as GoPro fed from a buddy's drone.

This what is in the rules for model aircraft which multirotor is included dating back to 2007. This is only one paragraph of those rules.

By definition, a model aircraft must be “flown within visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft.” Public Law 112-95, section 336(c)(2). (1) Based on the plain language of the statute, the FAA interprets this requirement to mean that: (1) The aircraft must be visible at all times to the operator; (2) that the operator must use his or her own natural vision (which includes vision corrected by standard eyeglasses or contact lenses) to observe the aircraft; and (3) people other than the operator may not be used in lieu of the operator for maintaining visual line of sight. Under the criteria above, visual line of sight would mean that the operator has an unobstructed view of the model aircraft. To ensure that the operator has the best view of the aircraft, the statutory requirement would preclude the use of vision-enhancing devices, such as binoculars, night vision goggles, powered vision magnifying devices, and goggles designed to provide a “first-person view” from the model. (2) Such devices would limit the operator's field of view thereby reducing his or her ability to see-and-avoid other aircraft in the area. Additionally, some of these devices could dramatically increase the distance at which an operator could see the aircraft, rendering the statutory visual-line-of-sight requirements meaningless. Finally, based on the plain language of the statute, which says that aircraft must be “flown within the visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft,” an operator could not rely on another person to satisfy the visual line of sight requirement. See id. (emphasis added). While the statute would not preclude using an observer to augment the safety of the operation, the operator must be able to view the aircraft at all times.

Regulations.gov

This what is in the rules for model aircraft which multirotor is included dating back to 2007. This is only one paragraph of those rules.

By definition, a model aircraft must be “flown within visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft.” Public Law 112-95, section 336(c)(2). (1) Based on the plain language of the statute, the FAA interprets this requirement to mean that: (1) The aircraft must be visible at all times to the operator; (2) that the operator must use his or her own natural vision (which includes vision corrected by standard eyeglasses or contact lenses) to observe the aircraft; and (3) people other than the operator may not be used in lieu of the operator for maintaining visual line of sight. Under the criteria above, visual line of sight would mean that the operator has an unobstructed view of the model aircraft. To ensure that the operator has the best view of the aircraft, the statutory requirement would preclude the use of vision-enhancing devices, such as binoculars, night vision goggles, powered vision magnifying devices, and goggles designed to provide a “first-person view” from the model. (2) Such devices would limit the operator's field of view thereby reducing his or her ability to see-and-avoid other aircraft in the area. Additionally, some of these devices could dramatically increase the distance at which an operator could see the aircraft, rendering the statutory visual-line-of-sight requirements meaningless. Finally, based on the plain language of the statute, which says that aircraft must be “flown within the visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft,” an operator could not rely on another person to satisfy the visual line of sight requirement. See id. (emphasis added). While the statute would not preclude using an observer to augment the safety of the operation, the operator must be able to view the aircraft at all times.

Regulations.gov
I am aware of the rules, and there are many many threads all over the place discussing the legality.

That is besides the point of this thread.

I am not getting video out of my iOSD.

You are receiving the telemetry in the goggles meaning the TX is working so the problem is from iOSD input back to the camera. Which in my opinion means you will have open the shell and trace it from iosd input to the cam socket, Zenmuse socket, interference module, gimbal and finally to the camera. Something has to be open in that section of cabling or components. .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20