iOSD Mini - icons but no data

Reaction score
Dear All

My Phantom 2 had an unfortunate collision with a concrete column. The Phantom 2 is fine. the H3-3D gimbal required pliers to put the lower support frame back into shape, it is working but behaving strangely. My iOSD Mini is also not working properly. The video downlink displays the image from the GoPro, over laid on this is all the normal icons from the iOSD to indicate where the numbers for e.g. elevation, velocity, height etc should be displayed: However the number the selves are not shown.

Any advice gratefully received (except being told to buy a new one, this will be grudgingly received :lol: )

Thanks

Phantom 2
Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal
GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition
iOSD Mini
DJI AVL58 video downlink
DJI FPV Hub

Check to make sure the canbus cable from the iOSD mini is still seated firmly in the port on the leg, and that the grey cable from there to the mainboard inside still has solid undamaged connections at both ends.

OI Photography said:
Check to make sure the canbus cable from the iOSD mini is still seated firmly in the port on the leg, and that the grey cable from there to the mainboard inside still has solid undamaged connections at both ends.

+1. This exact thing happened on my stripped-down iOSD once in a while (oftentimes the data would disappear during flight...doh). I reseated the homemade canbus cabling and it seems to be OK now.

Just to note, an intermittent CANBus connection will trigger this type of behavior even on the latest firmware.

UPDATE: Ok I've just updated the firmware to V1.06 using IOSD assistant software V4.0. I've checked all the plugs of the can bus on the leg and on the motherboard. Disconnected and reconnected all plugs, connections look fine. Also for the video cable that goes to the gimbal.

The green light on the side of the iOSD mini is a constant green, no flashing.

I'm stumped.

Meinthai said:
UPDATE: Ok I've just updated the firmware to V1.06 using IOSD assistant software V4.0. I've checked all the plugs of the can bus on the leg and on the motherboard. Disconnected and reconnected all plugs, connections look fine. Also for the video cable that goes to the gimbal.

The green light on the side of the iOSD mini is a constant green, no flashing.

I'm stumped.

At this point it could be a bad iOSD. It does happen every so often. Is it excessively warm to the touch? Either way, at this point you should probably contact your dealer for a replacement.

This appeared yesterday...

Firmware Updates on July 01
Overview:
a) Central board firmware updated to: v1.0.1.31.
Major New Features:
a) Fixed iOSD compatibility issues.
Special Note:
a) Ensure main controller firmware has been updated to the latest version (v3.04) before you start to update the central board firmware.

Worth a try before spending.

Cheers,

Kev

I think there is an issue with the p2 failing to boot (bricking) after firmware update when the iOsd is connected. Right now you have to unplug and replug the iOsd to get it working. The new firmware should address only that, but you're right, it's worth trying.

I had this exact problem with mine out of the box new except the light kept flashing green. Icons with no data.
I had it replaced and all is well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl