Invalid SD Card ?

Reaction score
Bought a new 32 GB card (class 10) to replace the 8 GB card that it comes with (Standard).
I got that message without an option to re-format it.
The voice on my phone just said replace it.

Under what circumstance does this happen? How do I know what to replace it with?

thanks all

Both cards I bought seem to work fine in my PC - I can read/write/format them ok.
But when I put them in the phantom camera, they are rejected.
Makes me think that it is an error on my part. is that possible?

Did you put it in your drone and format it there or on a computer? My P3P wouldn't accept one formatted on my iMac but it formatted in the drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't get the option to format these disks in the camera. The only option I get from the DJI app is -"Please Replace It".

BTW, these are made by Amplim - Not one of the recommended ones on the list, but it should still work, right?

It is now 9 months later (from this particular post) and we still have this problem. I have a 32GB UHS1 class 10 48Mb/s Sandisk and it is INVALID but only in my P3S. Otherwise, it is perfect. I tested it and reformatted FAT32. Not a fake. But DJI refuses to accept it. I even loaded folders from the 8GB 30Mb/s SANDISK but that didn't help.

When is DJI going to fix this issue?

So I did the online chat thing with no help. I called and got a lot of BS on that front - tried to tell me the max capacity was 8GB. When I told him the 2017 manual on page 28 said 64GB he had to check with the high level techs and they verified it..... So supposedly he wrote all this up and is submitting this. I mentioned a 9 month old thread and all the rest of the unhappy customers - for what good that will do. Bottom line is I still have no idea what makes this card invalid. It is a Sandisk (the supplied card is a Sandisk), it is bigger (32GB with max = 64), it is faster (45Mbps vs 30Mbps), it is a UHS-1 (recommended cards are just C10 and also C10 UHS-1 and C10 UHS-3), formatted FAT32, and tested perfectly on my computer (not a fake).
Is there a feud going on between DJI and Sandisk? I am more than unhappy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures