Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Introducing the iPhantom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rotorhead42, Oct 19, 2013.

1. rotorhead42

I`m only 40 mins experienced flying the Phantom, waiting a few more days to get the gimbal and camera I ordered so I can shoot some real estate in Dominican Republic. Today I decided I wanted to see some footage so I attached my iPhone 4s to the drone with tie wraps and it did work :D I will post the video tomorrow when I edit it.

[​IMG]

2. miskatonic

One hard landing and ouch.

3. Gordo

Creative,
    I can't wait to see the video. I suspect it will be shaky because of the zip tie mount directly to the landing struts. I am thinking that the field of view will be much narrower than the GoPro, but that is what I would like to see.

If that is an expensive phone then I would worry about a hard landing; on the flip side, if you have a fly-away you can use the "Find-my-phone" function. With that thought, I need to look into a similar app for android, as my android phone is under $100, which is cheaper than the GPS tracking that I have seen.

4. rotorhead42

Here`s the video: [youtube] http://youtu.be/nLs8IvW2Wi4 [/youtube]
    Of course I`ll have full 1080 with my GP3 but this was fun to try. I should`ve had my bluetooth handsfree in my ear, imagine taking a call with the first personal, hovering down link satellite :)

5. miskatonic

That is the worst video ever. With a house like that you should be able to afford an actual camera.

6. rotorhead42

The GP3+gimbal arrives in 3 days, this was just a curious test.

7. The Don

You have a fair deal of jello. I'd look into balancing your propellers. I don't use a gimbal myself, and I get decent video with balanced props.

8. porl_hopkins

LOL..... with a Villa like that you should be using a S800 Evo :)

9. Fdnyfish

Maybe he's the grounds keeper!

I'm all for trying new things, but I would of hit the delete key after viewing that video on my computer instead of posting it ;)

I wont be getting an iPhantom !

10. oldengineer

I'm glad he kept the video.

...it's solid proof, that can be shown to anyone else, that thinks bunging an iPhone on the Phantom, would be a good idea :lol:

11. The Don

Let's not be too hard on the guy. He's just getting into the hobby and having some fun. When I first got my Phantom I wanted to strap my Sony PSP to it and use Skype for FPV.

12. jumanoc

.... not worry to say and show my 3st day with my phantom... GoPro was on the way... so I tested my Old Nokia N95 HD video hanging down the craft... lot of jello, but a great HD experience :lol:

[​IMG]

13. simonthk

Get the jello mount, get the jello lens and you are ready to go. Afford the expensive gimbal and you rule the world. Buy adobe premiere pro for 800 $ use warp stabilizer and you can make usefull videos in orcan like weather :lol: