Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Interesting warnings

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by jasonb777, Aug 23, 2015.

1. jasonb777

Well I had a few scares today while flying out over a huge marsh where I live here in swansboro NC. I flew about 2 miles out and coming back I got a message saying something like 'OVERCURRENT DISCHARGE WARNING' or something to the sound of that, I only got it for a brief second on my tablet while I had my goggles on lifted up on my head. Kinda worries me about wearing goggles being there is no warning on the telemetry. Anyway about a minute or so later I got a 'Low battery warning' at 40% which I have never seen before. I was only about 1500 feet away at this time. My question for you guys is how do I pull the video with the telemetry for you guys to view and draw a conclusion?

2. Darmie

3. Phantom751874

Low battery warning will happen when the P3 thinks it won't have enough to battery to get back home. This is indicated by the sliding yellow/green scale at the top of the Go App. The P3 will countdown before initiating Return To Home. You have the option to cancel this however. I do this all the time as the P3 cannot account for head or tail winds when making the battery calculation. I can go out against a headwind at 20mph full tilt and at 50% the P3 tells me to turn around. It doesn't know on my way back I'll be going 40mph with the tailwind.

4. jasonb777

Yeah I already uploaded the flights and unfortunately there wasn't any info for the issues.

5. jasonb777

Yeah but I had juice for only being out 1500 feet. I see what your talking about with the green bar being the indicator for the calculation, but I thought it adjusted according to how far you are from the craft. I have flown alot further and alot longer with never a single warning; just thought it weird being the first time it happened with all my previous flights.

6. JKDSensei

2 miles out...over a marsh....and warnings start piling in...
    Now that scenario will cause you to load up your under garments.

I know how it feels because I was out flying over the everglades recently and while I didn't get any warnings....looking at the terrain, there is absolutely no access out there in some places due to 6 foot tall sawgrass with several feet of root weed going into the swamp water.

Snake paradise....but little else can get through that mess.

Other than overhead by air, and a few canals cut through here and there....
    If it suddenly decided to "land" it would have been gone for ever.

[​IMG]

Glad it got back.

7. Oso

Oso

I don't know about the over current warning, but if I were you I would be very careful with that particular battery. Maybe no long range flights with that one until confidence is restored.

8. jasonb777

My thoughts exactly!:(

9. RoyVa

Check the battery with the assistant to see if the cells are balanced and equally charged. This'll give you some idea and confidence.

10. jasonb777

Already did, but I have had lipos do strange things in years past. I think there is always a chance of unpredictability with anything RC. I 've been through the 6ch heli phase, the 4ch plane phase, and have modded many rc trucks and cars, and there is always something that happens where you say 'huh, well I didn't see that coming..'

11. RoyVa

Dry our exactly correct and that the pucker factor in this sport as well as the gimbel. There are certain things in life that are sure fire. 1 is death and taxes the 2 is no guarantees when flying and 3 is what goes up must come down somewhere. Those are things we have no control over but make us cry a lot. Or we get on here an rant about them! If you know what I mean. It's really called CHANCE ...