Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Inspire vs phantom,

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grizgrin, Aug 24, 2016.

1. grizgrin

So the P4 seems to cover a lot of ground that the Inspire does. Short of some camera upgrades (which admittedly may make a huge difference, for sure), independent camera, I am not seeing a lot that adds value. Of course, the lower flight time and larger size are what sticks out to me more as I plan on flying in much tighter quarters.

So what am I missing? It's more impressive, bigger and cooler. Some may see enough value in that to merit the premium. What are your thoughts?

2. With The Birds

The M43 camera is the decision maker. Particularily if you shoot stills and especially in low light. It absolutely pulls the pants down on 1/2.3" P3/4 sensor and lens combos.

You wont be as thrilled with video performance improvememt. The Inspire for reasons unknown still has a low bitrate output from the compressor (unless your happy to pony up for the X5R).

As a disadvantage you have set up time, portability and will likley find some scenarios where you will attract unwanted attention while you could have flown a phantom without problems.

3. deltalimatango

Just buy both and be done with it. :)

A small joke there, however, I tend to agree with everything said. The camera alone will be enough for some people.

grizgrin likes this.
  4. Rik Roukens

Two different beasts, I would go with a phantom 4 if you plan to travel a alot, for it's size it is amazing, if you want the different camera options, go for the Inspire, but if you plan to buy it with the x3, don't bother :) I own both and have to say love flying both. I mostly use the inspire 1 pro for dual operator work. but love my P4 just as much!

5. ryanmanchester

The inspire sits in the air with much ease, I've used my inspire in 35mph with 40mph gusts. Owned a p3a too, both great birds, inspire for me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots