Inspire 2 or Phantom 4 Pro?!

I think I want the Pro. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the 4 and a new iPad but I think I am going to go this route. Need to save a little more and I will be there. I really need to do some thinking now. This purchase decision is going to be harder than I thought.

Right there with you. I was thinking about P3P or 4. Definitely saving a little more now for the P4P! Don't have $6000 total for the Inspire, plus my wife would kill me!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

P4P is going to be an awesome bird! Four times larger sensor and 100mbit bitrate, in H265. Not only does the bitrate get bumped 90% from 60 mbit/s, it allows recording in a new codec that has roughly 30% smaller file size, which means H265 100mbit might equal to 130 mbit h264. That's over 120% increase in quality over Phantom 4! Coupled with a 1 inch brand new Exmor Sensor from Sony.

I will consider purchasing a longer lens for Mavic-like effect: tele, and consequently far less props in FOV.

A worthy upgrade! Cheers!

I am sorta pissed I just bought the Nvidia Shield for my p3S because the 4 pro comes with a tablet. But its a fast tablet and I think I am going to keep my 3s for the rest of my life as my first real quad. I have the dbs mod on it and some other goodies and I think at this point I would be lucky to get $400 for it.

I wish that they would offer an upgraded controller like that for the standard.. I would bite.. also will the battery work with the P4 standard (which I love btw, and just bought.. ) I don't have buyers remorse because I have captured videos and pictures that have already made people say wow.. Also I love the reactions I get while flying it.. I have actually met people I would never have talked to just flying it..

Year 2000 just called GoPro and asked for their resolutions back.

I would have never thought that a drone company is outdoing Gopro in the camera quality range.

I think I want the Pro. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the 4 and a new iPad but I think I am going to go this route. Need to save a little more and I will be there. I really need to do some thinking now. This purchase decision is going to be harder than I thought.

if you can swing it I'd say go with the Pro. Even if it means you have to wait a bit longer.
if you don't go with the Pro you're going to regret it 6 months from now.

Reactions: Toddf
Just an FYI the 3K is JUST the bird. (Inspire 2)

Main gimbal camera is sold separately.

Go to the DJI store and click "In the Box"

The entry level camera is the DJI Zenmuse X5S at 1,800 bucks.

Last edited:
I am sorta pissed I just bought the Nvidia Shield for my p3S because the 4 pro comes with a tablet. But its a fast tablet and I think I am going to keep my 3s for the rest of my life as my first real quad. I have the dbs mod on it and some other goodies and I think at this point I would be lucky to get $400 for it.

I am with you Todd. I love my P3S. Great 1st drone. I will definitely keep it since it is my 1st. My son has already called dibs on it too once I upgrade. I am ready for the upgrade for what I have been doing on the side with mapping, photos and video. This will be a much improved upgrade

Reactions: Toddf
Just an FYI the 3K is JUST the bird.

Main gimbal camera is sold separately.

Go to the DJI store and click "In the Box"

The entry level camera is the DJI Zenmuse X5S at 1,800 bucks.
Jesus, or whatever deity you ascribe too. That's a ton of scratch.

So I contacted where I got the parrot disco from and told them I would like to return it. It is brand new in an un-opened factory box and that they will actually make a couple of hundred dollars more off me as I want the phantom 4 pro. The model without out the built in tablet. I can spend $1,499 but not comfy with going to $1,799 which is where the 4 pro with the tablet costs. The nivida shield is pretty **** good and I wouldnt not even have known about it if it were not for this forum. So that is my plan. I am hoping to hear back today and get one of those 4 pro's going my way. I said I would wait until spring to get a new drone but I have changed my mind.

Reactions: Nickster
if you can swing it I'd say go with the Pro. Even if it means you have to wait a bit longer.
if you don't go with the Pro you're going to regret it 6 months from now.

Agreed. I am not sure how you could not get the pro. For the improvements in the bird, the few hundred dollars more, well its a no brainer for me. Some serious tech and camera improvements. Hell the logical return to home and the fact if it loses signal it flies back to the last place it had signal. Not going to say this its bulletproof, but man I would trust this thing at 5 miles away. I am excited. More excited then I was for the parrot disco I waited a year for. Hell, had I known this was coming I would have not bought the disco. I would have gotten this.

I thought about the mavic. It seems pretty solid. Thing is I like the size of the phantom series and I do not plan on taking it on an airplane or hiking up a mountain. I love to fly them and if I get some good shots in addition to that, its an extra. Although I might dabble more in the video stuff. I took some great movies with the p3s.

As a fledgling PfCO holder and startup business I was set on the Inspire 2 for commercial ops, it was the logical step. However, the I2 is far, far more than I actually need for the work that I'll be doing and is also a lot more £ than I expected it to be once you add extra batteries etc.

The P4P is exactly what I'm looking for so have decided to get that instead, it's a massive upgrade from my legendary P3A that got me into aerial photography nearly 2 years ago.

DJI is simply awesome right now.

DJI is simply awesome right now.

Let's hope they improve their customer service. My only hope is that hopefully DJI is also expanding their customer service work force proportional to new products being released to consumers. If they can do this, they have a shot at dominating the drone market making it nearly impossible for a new kid in the block taking consumers away.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Let's hope they improve their customer service. My only hope is that hopefully DJI is also expanding their customer service work force proportional to new products being released to consumers. If they can do this, they have a shot at dominating the drone market making it nearly impossible for a new kid in the block taking consumers away.

Honestly, I have nothing but an amazing experience with DJI. From the stress cracks to even the repair from my latest mishap. The bill was fair and the work done quickly. Maybe I am one of the rare ones, but compared to parrot its been a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:

Right there with you. I was thinking about P3P or 4. Definitely saving a little more now for the P4P! Don't have $6000 total for the Inspire, plus my wife would kill me!

My P4 is for sale with two extra batteries (3 total). In PERFECT condition. Willing to make a killer deal. Send me a PM.

Reactions: toegema

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart