Inspire 1 tablet holder install.

Reaction score
I know a lot of people have questions about tablet holders and installs. I just installed the Inspire 1 tablet holder which I bought off Amazon. Total time spent was about 30 min.

First off here are the tools and materials needed minus a small pair of wire cutters which I will talk about later.
8753aa16d3a26d6f1c5449813d292212.jpg

Remove the four screws from the back of your RC. Gently pull the body apart. A wire run in the centerline of the RC is siliconed in place and will offer some resistance when initially separating the two half. Be careful not to damage said wires during this step.

The back of the RC also slides into the base of the antenna. Gently open the case and when it's at approximately 30 degrees you will be able to slide the back out of the antenna base.
0cbfbc6ef5f35f25cae590c36daf06fc.jpg

Once the two halves are apart you will see a twisted wire run siliconed in a plastic slot. Carefully remove this run and any silicone in the area.
Choose a drill bit which fits in between the plastic slot and drill a pilot hole.

b5be46555f4c80528e3128c5459cd3fe.jpg

Gradually step up the size of the bit taking care to remove any plastic debris created in the process. Your final bit will be a 3/8". You will need to trim the plastic slot to accommodate the nut that will be placed on the back side of the insert and this is where a small set of wire cutters or dikes will come in handy.
32b96c2dee5924e72704a4857d54cf8c.jpg

Once the slot is trimmed install the insert through the face of the RC and thread the nut on the back side.
f4755af7282773910a86834c49302bbd.jpg

Thread the Inspire 1 mount into the insert and attach the bottom with the supplied slotted screw into the old lanyard hole.

78c4a46c3a3734bca1f0cdb3a5b8d508.jpg

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cas_per_m
Ah, thanks for clarifying. I was thinking it was also a different size.

I know a lot of people have questions about tablet holders and installs. I just installed the Inspire 1 tablet holder which I bought off Amazon. Total time spent was about 30 min.

First off here are the tools and materials needed minus a small pair of wire cutters which I will talk about later.
8753aa16d3a26d6f1c5449813d292212.jpg

Remove the four screws from the back of your RC. Gently pull the body apart. A wire run in the centerline of the RC is siliconed in place and will offer some resistance when initially separating the two half. Be careful not to damage said wires during this step.

The back of the RC also slides into the base of the antenna. Gently open the case and when it's at approximately 30 degrees you will be able to slide the back out of the antenna base.
0cbfbc6ef5f35f25cae590c36daf06fc.jpg

Once the two halves are apart you will see a twisted wire run siliconed in a plastic slot. Carefully remove this run and any silicone in the area.
Choose a drill bit which fits in between the plastic slot and drill a pilot hole.

b5be46555f4c80528e3128c5459cd3fe.jpg

Gradually step up the size of the bit taking care to remove any plastic debris created in the process. Your final bit will be a 3/8". You will need to trim the plastic slot to accommodate the nut that will be placed on the back side of the insert and this is where a small set of wire cutters or dikes will come in handy.
32b96c2dee5924e72704a4857d54cf8c.jpg

Once the slot is trimmed install the insert through the face of the RC and thread the nut on the back side.
f4755af7282773910a86834c49302bbd.jpg

Thread the Inspire 1 mount into the insert and attach the bottom with the supplied slotted screw into the old lanyard hole.

78c4a46c3a3734bca1f0cdb3a5b8d508.jpg

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put a little lock tight on the nut just to make sure it stays tight. Nice install looks good.

I put a little lock tight on the nut just to make sure it stays tight. Nice install looks good.
does that holder work with i-pad mini ? and if so what is the link or part number been on amazon all day, ordered one and sending it back (won't work )

does that holder work with i-pad mini ? and if so what is the link or part number been on amazon all day, ordered one and sending it back (won't work )
Yes. You can get the Inspire 1 tablet holder from Amazon, eBay, or DJI.

Yes. You can get the Inspire 1 tablet holder from Amazon, eBay, or DJI.

"Question:
Just tried to instal and apparently the screw needs to be longer for the holder to attach to the eyelet on the Phantom 3Standard. Know where to buy one
Answer:
Sorry friend, this is compatible with Inspire 1 only."

This is what i'm reading? copied strraight from amazon Q&A? just wanting to make sure this will work. He is saying the eylet hole that mounts to the standard evedintly is a different size? any chance they changed the eyelet size so it won't work?

any chance they changed the eyelet size so it won't work?
Nope. I bought mine from the above Amazon link on December 3rd. The person who answered that question is mistaken.

No worries. They are valid questions :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl