Incorrect height displayed in app

Reaction score
While practicing some low level flying in my driveway today I noticed that the DJI Go app displayed the drones height at around 13-15 feet when it was only 3-4 feet at the most. I'm wondering if this could affect RTH landings. Will the drone land hard during a RTH situation because it believes itself to be 10 feet above ground when it's only inches?

I've had that problem in the past. Letting the AC warm up for 3 - 5 minutes in the spot you plan to take off from before flying has fixed it for me.

Also, if you've never done an IMU calibration, I recommend doing one.

Reactions: Morph2054
While practicing some low level flying in my driveway today I noticed that the DJI Go app displayed the drones height at around 13-15 feet when it was only 3-4 feet at the most. I'm wondering if this could affect RTH landings. Will the drone land hard during a RTH situation because it believes itself to be 10 feet above ground when it's only inches?
As mentioned, an IMU calibration is the thing to do for height inaccuracies.
The height error would have no effect on auto landings as the Phantom just sinks till it feels the land under its feet.
It takes no notice of altitude values for landing.
But why are you letting RTH do the landing?
You can cancel any time and resume control and you can probably pick a landing spot better than some blind programming can.

Reactions: Numone
As mentioned, an IMU calibration is the thing to do for height inaccuracies.
The height error would have no effect on auto landings as the Phantom just sinks till it feels the land under its feet.
It takes no notice of altitude values for landing.
But why are you letting RTH do the landing?
You can cancel any time and resume control and you can probably pick a landing spot better than some blind programming can.

I wasn't actually using RTH during this flight. It's just something that occurred to me when I noticed the descrepency.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl