IMU

Reaction score
New p4pro.do you have to calibrate the IMU it did not ask me to do so ?

Not unless it's necessary.

DJI, told me, that when ever I update firmware, I should calibrate.

DJI, told me, that when ever I update firmware, I should calibrate.
Possibly but not mandatory. The OP did not say he loaded new firmware. DJI used to tell you to calibrate the compass on every flight. But don't do that. You will know if there is an issue with the IMU.

Possibly but not mandatory. The OP did not say he loaded new firmware. DJI used to tell you to calibrate the compass on every flight. But don't do that. You will know if there is an issue with the IMU.
Yes, but he said NEW, so updates were a possibility.

An IMU calibration isn't always necessary, but it won't hurt anything if you do it properly.

I like to perform an IMU calibration on fresh out of the box AC. You only have to see how some couriers handle packages during shipment to appreciate that it may be a good idea.

With my Phantom 3 I always dreaded the IMU calibration because I obsessed over finding a place away from metal and perfectly level. How level does it have to be? Is 1 degree off level sufficient?

With my Phantom 3 I always dreaded the IMU calibration because I obsessed over finding a place away from metal and perfectly level. How level does it have to be? Is 1 degree off level sufficient?
I find the kitchen island bench and snooker table to be good for IMU cal indoors. Don’t worry too much about proximity to metal, compass cal is a seperate issue.

With my Phantom 3 I always dreaded the IMU calibration because I obsessed over finding a place away from metal
The IMU calibration is not affected by metal. Do the calibration on a level surface after your Phantom is cool (sit it in a cool place for 10 minutes or so). If you don't have a level, you could download a level app on your mobile phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart