IMU Error

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am getting error messages trying to calibrate the IMU on my P4.
Back ground- bought a brand new P4 about 16 months ago, 11 months after purchase it developed stress cracks so I sent it in for repair, got a different P4 back ( guess it was a refurb ). It flew fine and had no issues with it ( after getting to trust it all over again ) but is also developed stress cracks so I sent it back for repairs after 4 months both times fixed for free. Once again I got a different P4 back and when I tried to set it up to do some test flights at the warm up stage it says IMU needs calibrating, so I thought that's an easy fix as I have never had a problem in the past with calibrating the IMU. It never got past the first stage, tried about 15 times and all with error message, I have uninstalled and re installed the latest firmware and still have the same problem. Should I try a factory reset or am I just wasting my time? I think I will be sending it back ( another 2 week turn around ) but was hoping for some tips and tricks form the wealth of knowledge this site has to try before it goes back as I have been without flight time for over 3 weeks now.
The error message-
IMU 1: Calibrating IMU ( error Code 1 )
IMU 2: calibration Failed. Automatic Orientation Error. ( error code-71 ).
Thanks for any help/input.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z