Important Question

This would not appeal to me as a Phantom owner but if I was into drone racing I would be very interested if he was building a drone racing arena and starting leagues or a tournament of some sort. He could make money off food and drinks and merchandise as well as the registration fees. If you build it, they will come!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I guess for drone racing the ground would need to be completely flat?

Anyone?

A lot of things to consider. How far is it from a well populated (client base) area? The more remote the less people are going to want to drive there. What is the drone population (racing or otherwise)? What amenities are going to be available at the site? Work tables, shade, soda machine, benches, laid out racing track, portable obstacles/poles that can be moved around to reconfigure the track, etc.? If it is just a flat piece of grassy ground it would get boring real quick. Day flying only? Day and night? What kinds of special events would be offered (vendor demos, repairs, etc.)? Make it interesting and fun and they will come.

It does not need to be flat for the mini racing multi-rotors. There needs to be interesting things to fly through or a course set up. If you look one YouTube, you'll see that most good courses artificially make you change altitude anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: The Suburban Hippie
A lot of things to consider. How far is it from a well populated (client base) area? The more remote the less people are going to want to drive there. What is the drone population (racing or otherwise)? What amenities are going to be available at the site? Work tables, shade, soda machine, benches, laid out racing track, portable obstacles/poles that can be moved around to reconfigure the track, etc.? If it is just a flat piece of grassy ground it would get boring real quick. Day flying only? Day and night? What kinds of special events would be offered (vendor demos, repairs, etc.)? Make it interesting and fun and they will come.

Soda machines. Food vendors. indoor airconditioned tables and chairs, DJ music if you like. The whole works!

They used to have large venues there. Camping, weddings, parties, etc It is just north of the PA line from Maryland.

It can very quickly be a full venue place!

Where abouts
They used to have large venues there. Camping, weddings, parties, etc It is just north of the PA line from Maryland.

It can very quickly be a full venue place!
PA/MD line is pretty long? Where abouts is it? I'm just west of Philadelphia in Swarthmore:
Google Maps

what about insurance?

I am thinking to start, which is a situation where no money is changing hands, AMA insurance will work. From that, home owners insurance and other forms of insurance will have to be explored..

This is all new territory for us!

Thanks for your comment!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl